Chapter 6

Buffy fast asleep, once again an unknown figure sticks an unknown substance in her arm with a syringe.

The the UC Sunnydale cafeteria. Riley is sitting at a table laboring over papers. A friend Forrest is checking out his coeds.

Forrest: "Women. Young, nubile, exciting. Each one a mystery, waiting to be unlocked. Think any of them are gonna show? 'Cause the party will be lame if we lack for hotties. Professor? You with me?"

Riley : "No. I'm with this large pile of ungraded papers, due at 3:00."

Forrest : "How are you gonna learn anything if you keep doing schoolwork? Oh...Check her out. Is she hot, or is she hot?"

Buffy at the soda fountain. She's distracted and her cup starts to over flow.

Riley : (Looks up.) "She's buffy."

Forrest : "Buffy? I like that. That girl's so hot, she's buffy."

Riley : "It's her name, Forrest."

Forrest : "You've established first contact? Excellent. What do you think of her?"

Riley : "I haven't really thought about what I think of her."

Forrest : "A girl that cute in the face, and you form no opinion?"

Riley : "No, I mean, She's all right, I guess. She's just kind of... I don't know. Peculiar."

Buffy breaks the handle off of the the frozen yogurt machine. She battles with it for a bit.

Forrest : "Peculiar? Hi. Hey, graham, what do you think of the blonde chick? Mattressable? Riley's not down. Doesn't like her."

Riley : "I don't dislike her. She just-- she never feels like she's really there when you talk to her. I like girls I can get a grip on."

Forrest : "I bet you do."

Riley : "Not that way. Just a little less ready for takeoff all the time. There's definitely something off about her."

Graham : "Maybe she's canadian."

Buffy flees the site and we see the yogurt machine overflowing in her wake.

Forrest : "Didn't she go out with parker abrams for about 30 seconds?"

Riley : "Abrams? Yeah, there's a sign of good taste."

Buffy goes to the register and pays for her food.

Forrest : "Ok, but you've got to admit she's a major league hottie."

Riley : "Well, I'm not denying she's easy on the eyes. I'm just saying... (Buffy spills both drink and yogurt on the floor.) Would you really want to go out with her?"

Forrest : Hell, yes. I bet a lot of guys would like to get their hands on her.

Giles and Xander mull over the texts for the spell and the drawing of the commandos.
Buffy walks in the apartment.

Buffy : "Hello, people."

Xander: "Hey."

Giles : "Uh...You are patrolling tonight?"

Buffy : "Nope, I am going to a party tonight. Hopefully, a "no fighting, no biting" kind of deal."

Giles gives Buffy a look.

Buffy: "What?"

Giles gestures to the research and the military man drawing.

Giles: "There's a lot going on."