Chapter 7

Buffy, Xander and Willow continue their discussion in the hospital.

"There's not enough time to try and figure out the spell. Octavia has made her choice and with the order back I don't know if I have time to try and convince her otherwise." Buffy says.

Xander holds out the stone. "I remember when I told you there was no way to get Angel's soul back. When I lied, that was on me. But now we have chance to save someone we have to try."

"I can go back to Giles' and try to figure out the rest of the spell." Willow says.

"You can't it's too dangerous to split up the order will be trying to hunt us down." Buffy says.

"You have to go there to get weapons anyway." Willow says. "I'll come with you, get the texts and come back."

"Okay." Buffy agrees finally.

"I'll stay with Giles." Xander says. "In public, where it's safe.

"Just don't forget the order of taraka hires humans too, be on guard." Buffy says.

"I will."

They nod knowing what they have to do.

"Do you want this?" Xander asks holding out the stone.

"No, I'll be back to attempt the rest of the spell. Hold onto it I'll get the other one." Willow says.

Xander nods as Buffy and Willow leave.

Back in the initiative base, Riley, Walsh and Ivar watch security footage from the other night.

The video shows Octavia and a blonde girl (Buffy) fighting on the bridge. Then a few soldiers being taken down in smoke.

Ivar keeps reminding it, amazed at their fighting prowess.

"Imagine, every soldier in the initiative being able to fight like that." He says with a smile.

"Has she been turned into a vampire too?" Walsh asks.

"It didn't seem like it. The blonde might be the real slayer and the other is the fallen one." Riley says.

"Either one will be pivotal for our research." Walsh says. "Patrol heavy tonight. All hands on deck."

"Roger that." Riley says.

Ivar continues rewinding and watching the same clip.

Buffy and Willow make it to Giles' home.

"Let's make this quick." Buffy says.

Willow collects the texts and the other moonstone while Buffy selects from the best of Giles' weapons.

"Okay, let's go." Buffy says.

Just then two members of the order of taraka storm in. One demon with horns and one armored goblin.

"Buffy!" Willow scream.

They seem only interested in capturing Willow. The goblin snatches her while the horned demon fights Buffy. Buffy strikes the demon and something strange happens, she hurts her hand. The demon grabs her and throws her into a bookshelf burying her while they make off with Willow.

Buffy passes out.

—-

The initiative soldiers get ready to patrol in force. Riley prepares a group of over 50 soldiers.

"We all know who we're looking for. Check in often. Let's move!"

Riley and his squad move out.