Chapter 4

Buffy and the figure zoomed up to a rooftop and landed. Buffy pushed herself away from the figure and the two looked at each other silently for a moment. She looked at his eyes, only his eyes. That's all she could see. Maybe that was enough.

"Who are you?" She asked.

The figure gazed at her from under his hood.

(I imagine this playing softly in the background mostly the beginning part)

"The wisdom of our creed is revealed through these words; we work in the dark, to serve the light."

The figure steps forward to her. The moon glinting off his black robes.

"We are Assassins." It finishes.

"We?" Buffy asks.

"We are the ones who serve the council of watchers. Sent to fight the forces of darkness as you are and where you are not."

"Then what are you doing here? I've got it covered...somewhat."

"But you do not have the council." He says.

"So you were sent here to what? Spy on me?" Buffy asks.

"The councils main interest is Octavia."

"And their secondary interest?" Buffy asks sternly.

"You don't have to worry." He says. "Ask your watcher if you wish to know more about our order."

"I will." Buffy says. "Thank you, for helping the other night." Her tone lightens.

Buffy notices his wrist blade. The Assassin unsheathes it.

"The signature weapon of the assassin. Anointed with holy oil so that it may pierce whatever demonic elements it faces. Leaving a distinct mark." He says.

Buffy admires the weapon a moment.

"Why did you bring me here?" She asks.

"There's something I had to tell you about Octavia." The assassin says and then pauses.

"There's a reason why the she is so strong, why she's giving you this much trouble." He says.

"She's not giving me trouble....not really anyway." Buffy says unsure of herself.

The Assassin circles around Buffy.

"She will, she knows you in and out, how you move how you think. She knows all of this because..."

The Assassin stops. Buffy turns to face him.

"She was once a slayer."

Buffy's eyes go wide.

"A slayer?" Buffy asks. She can't believe what she's heard.

The assassin looks out to the city.

"Once a gifted slayer succumbed to the darkness. She despises the idea of the slayer and the slayer herself. She blames it for what she has become." He laments.