Chapter 3

After the morning Saga, Jiang Cheng had insisted that they have breakfast together as a family, and when Lan Wangji had asked him to leave he had sneered at him saying he was his brother-in-law and he was indeed family. And to Lan Wangji's utter surprise, his brother had slowly backed up the sect leader saying that he should maybe stay for today. 

He could not say no to his brother especially since he was finally up and talking, and smiling like his normal self. To everyone's surprise, Jiang Wanyin had indeed dragged Lan Qiren to eat with them. And boy let me tell you, breakfast was something, that by the end of it Lan Qiren had reminded himself to stay calm and he repeated the Gusu Rules in his head like a mantra. 

"Aiyo Chengcheng, I never expected you of all people to want to have family breakfast...especially here. Soooooo....?" Wei Wuxian cheekily smiled at Jiang Cheng who sat next to the Lan Sect leader and smoothed his robes out. 

"Shu up and eat." 

Jiang Cheng knew his brother was up to something. his face said it all. but he chose to forget it at the moment and grabbed a pair of chopsticks grabbing all sorts of food from the large table and stuffing them into Lan Xichen's bowl, giving the man a stern stare in the process. 

Lan Xichen eyes widened at the amount of food on his platter. He was not that hungry....and he never ate this much in front of his family or outsiders. He had always ate according to his reputation which he recalled that Jiang Wanyin hated. During one of their private dinners they came onto the topic and Jiang Cheng had said it was 'pretentious'.

"A-Cheng...I--don't think I can eat this much food. Why don't you eat first." He muttered out and he noticed everyone's eyes widen at the 'A-Cheng'. This was the first time he had called Jiang Wanyin by his birth name in front of them or people in general. He looked over at jiang Cheng, preparing himself for a scolding but the younger didn't even care that the name slipped instead he looked up at him and gave him a glare indulging him to eat the food. 

"You. Will. Eat. Do you hear me? You will not leave this seat until I make sure you have eaten every single bit of the food I gave you." 

Lan Wangji was about to speak, hoping to cut up the man in front of him with words but he was stopped by his husband who had motioned him not to do anything. He knew his husband was intrigued by this situation. He was intrigued by any situation his brother was in. The amount of attention and care that his husband gave his brother sparked some type of jealousy in him but he pushed it away as it was utterly ridiculous. Instead he watched his brother nod and eat the food slowly under the hard stare of his brother-in-law. 

Even Lan Qiren was surprised. He could never make his nephew do such things no matter how much he insisted. Noe seeing his nephew do whatever the purple robed man wished without a question made him question himself. He had never witnessed this before. 

Once satisfied as he watched Lan Xichen eat his food he himself grabbed food before eating it. Jiang Cheng didn't realize how hungry he was. He was so caught up in making sure Lan Huan was fed he forgot about himself. 

And Lan Xichen noticing Jiang Cheng had started eating picked up the tea pot in front of him and poured the content into Jiang Wanyins cup. But it wasn't tea. Wei Wuxian could smell the familiar scent of wine emitting from the cup. His mind burst at the thought. 

Lan Xichen knew how much Jiang Cheng hated drinking tea while eating. He managed to replace the tea in the tea pot with wine for him before breakfast started. He just hoped that his uncle wouldn't notice and he didn't.  

Jiang Cheng grabbed the cup and drank the contents, Wei Wuxian was surprised by the fact that his brother WASN'T surprised by the fact that it was wine and not tea. In the beginning of their friendship journey Lan Huan had noticed the wine-tea relationship and replaced the tea with wine then and there. Jiang Cheng was surprised but happy and wondered why the Sect leader would do such a thing as alchohal was forbidden in cloud recesses. But he shook the thought off. So it was no surprise that he wasn't surprised now.