Chapter 7

Jiang Wanyin had been secretly watching his right-hand man talk to Lan Xichen and his brother. He thanked the man in his heart for covering for him. He knew he was being a coward especially since he was a sect leader. but he was worried about how Lan Xichen would react when he saw him. After all, he hadn't even responded to his letters. As he watched Lan Xichen excuse himself to go into town he was very ashamed of himself. 

Jiang Cheng straightened himself and quickly teleported to his room. He looked completely fine but when Lan Xichen was around he had the urge to look extra fine. The Jiang craved the man's attention so much that when he didn't get it he would sulk all day. Even Jiang Wanyin was surprised at his own behavior. 

When he had finished getting ready the younger man walked outside and attempted to find Lan Xichen but he was nowhere to be found. And that's when he remembered that Lan Xichen mentioned going into town. 

Unlike before Jiang Cheng's entire demeanor changed. He was happy all of a sudden. Chen Yufen who was walking over at the side had spotted his sect leader and noticed his happy aura. He himself was surprised. 

What happened to Sect Leader!?

Jiang Cheng smiled as he made his way to into Yunmeng. The distance between the location of the clan and town weren't so far apart. They were pretty close by so he could go there by walk. But on the way there Jiang Cheng's mind crowded with thoughts. What if Lan Xichen was mad at him. What if he doesn't want to talk to him anymore. What if Lan Xichen hates him now. what if Lan Xichen had news. What if--. What if's filled his mind and suddenly he was scared. Brushing his ridiculous thoughts of he entered the town gates and the moment he entered he saw Lan Xichen, the man he had wanted to see so much, the man he loved and the man he wanted to much. But then there was a girl in front of him. Clad in white robes. Robes of one in Gusu. His smile faded when he saw Lan Xichen talk and smile with the girl. Lan Xichen had only ever laughed with him like that. 

An unfamiliar feeling filled his chest. His heart quenching. He was jealous. But then his worried got the better of him. Did--did Lan Xichen get engaged?! But not way when Jiang Cheng saw him his morning he did not see any girl. He twisted his body around. His face sour. He could hear someone calling his name. A voice he was ever so familiar with but he chose to ignore it and fastened his pace walking out the gate he came through. 

Lan Xichen had gone to the market to buy some food for Jiang Wanyin. he knew the man would always love his gifts especially if they were food. And he wouldn't be late anyway. When he got his food and was about to leave he found a familiar face amongst the crowd. 

"Lan Xichen!" 

"Lan Yue?!" Lan Xichen was shocked to his cousin. He indeed had a cousin but not too many people knew about her. She had left the Lan Clan when she was 18. His uncle was not too happy about that but she wanted to explore the world. Lan Xichen held his cousin dear to his heart. She was the big sister he never had. Last month he had gotten a letter from her about her new husband. But he was unable to respond because he was in seclusion and only read the letter the day before he got out. 

"Oh my brother! I missed you so much!" Lan Yue embraced Lan Xichen into a hug and Lan Xichen smiled. 

"A pleasure to see you Jie.  I heard you found a new husband. Where is he I would like the pleasure of meeting him." Lan Xichen said and looked around. 

"Aiyo my dear brother, you haven't changed a bit have you. Still as mannered as ever." Lan Xichen chuckle. "But my husband is unfortunately not here today. He is in Lanling for work and I decided to come to Yunmeng for a little gift since it his birthday soon. Never thought to see you here. You here to see someone?~"