006

"Ronaldo!" Nora shouts in disgust. "London what do you mean?"

London is quick to defend herself, "I just think Ronaldo's better than Messi."

"I've never heard anyone be more wrong in their life. He's good and all but better than Messi?"

The two were currently watching the Saudi Arabia vs Argentina game. And even though Saudi Arabia was winning that doesn't mean Ronaldo's better. And Nora was adamant about it. She spent her childhood either playing music or watching and idolizing Messi.

If the United States didn't make it all the way. She only hoped they did but in the chance they didn't, she was rooting for Argentina the rest of the way.

It had been a day since the United States had played against Wales. The game resulted in a tie which wasn't the worst possibility. But she knew the boys were upset and made sure to send many positive messages to them. Especially Christian.

The minute they reunited they were constantly talking any time they could. Nora was quick to chastise him since he did have a world cup to worry about but Christian still wanted to make time for her.

And whenever she wasn't talking to him she was with London. "We'll see who gets out first," London says.

Nora could only watch in horror the rest of the game. Argentina was a top team in the entire world and to see them lose when the final whistle sounded out hurt her soul. "Are you crying?" London asks, she couldn't lie either she was also in disbelief.

"Shut up."

She's quick to wipe her tears. "They'll come back," Nora reassures, mostly to herself. London ignores her. Her focus at the moment was only on her phone. She typed freakishly fast and it didn't seem like she was going to slow down. "Your brother?"

"He's absolutely pissed," She says. "Apparently he wanted to come even though he doesn't give a shit about soccer." London's brother, Josh, was five years younger than the two girls. Nora herself considered Josh her brother just like she considered London her sister. Mostly because whenever he had the opportunity to mess with her, he took it.

But she loved him nonetheless. "Get him a signature. Maybe that will cheer him up." She suggests. "We could get him a Messi signature."

"That's impossible. Plus he would want a Ronaldo one anyway." She reiterates.

"Now let's not lie." Nora points a finger at her. "And I don't know we could just use Christian or any of the team's influence to get something."

London raises an eyebrow, "how are they going to get Messi or Ronaldo to sign something? I doubt they know each other."

London got her there. Unless the United States got out of the group they were never playing Portugal or Argentina. "Hey, Weston played with Ronaldo. And I know Christian met Messi once."

Within a couple of days, since Nora reunited with Christian, London noticed a lot of things.

One, every time Nora even said his name she shined. It was like any worry she had disappeared. Her nonstop mind was able to finally work correctly. And it was clear Nora wasn't the only one. London knew Christian and she knew his massive crush on the girl. It was clear from the way he looked at her that she was the creator of the world.

Two, even with a whole reunion the two would never share their feelings. They were both scared of fucking something up. Whether the signs are clear or not. They didn't want their friendship to change. Both treasure it so much. And she needed a way for them to confess.

Three, she was lonely.

"What are you doing?" Nora knew the look in London's eye. "Please don't do something stupid." She begs.

London is quick to make an excuse, "Nothing!"

"It's definitely not nothing." Nora accuses. "Is it about a certain player on the national team? Whose name starts with a G and has a famous dad." She teases. She knew of London's crush on Gio. It was really obvious. Londons' family were very active supporters of Austin Fc the same club, Claudio Reyna, Gio's dad, worked with. So London did know Gio, she did only have a few conversations with him but it was enough to spark a crush.

London's blush brought a large smile to her face. "I knew it! Holy shit. You have to tell him!" She exclaims. "That's why you kept talking to Weston in order to plan this. You want to get over your crush."

"Fuck off!" London sticks her tongue out. Maturity didn't matter in the safety of a hotel room. "You like Christian anyway so what are you on about."

"I'm not in love with my best friend!"

The rest of the night consisted of Nora disliking everything she could find of Ronaldo being the goat after Argentinas lost. London trying to find a way to get her brother something. And in a different hotel room were Christian and Weston contemplating everything that happened in the world cup.

"How did Argentina lose?" Wes yells. Christian agreed. Argentina was not only a favorite to win but also a powerhouse. He would respond but he was very busy trying to match something up in his head.

"Does Gio like London?" Wes whips his head toward him.

His eyebrows raised. "How did you get that out of 'how did Argentina lose?'" Christian shrugs. "I mean he did hang around her the whole time at the hotel."

"Exactly. I just don't know if London likes him back. She's never one to say who she likes to anyone but Nora."

"Let's focus on you and Nora first lover boy." Wes teases.

"I'm not in love." He denies it quickly. Weston gives him a are you sure about that look.

"Okay, I'm in love with her." He admits. "But we're just friends. Plus let's focus on Gio and London right now."

"And maybe our next game."

"And our next game."

AUTHORS NOTE

AUTHORS NOTE

this took forever to write but it's finally out!

I went back and added an actual summary along with an epigraph. both of which include shitty gifs but I tried.

also olivia rodrigos new song is a masterpiece