𝚝𝚠𝚘

June 17th, 2005

It's been two weeks of all of us being here at our Malibu house. But that was sadly coming to end as my parents, my sister were packing their bags to go back to our actual house. I had already packed along with Lizzie as we both just wanted to chill back before the drive.

I was sad to say goodbye to the beach, but excited to be able to see some of our other friends. I knew that Lizzie didn't want to leave, well I just assume that she doesn't want to leave at least.

I was minding my own business while sitting on my bed as she stormed in and I looked at her confused. "What's wrong?", I ask and she smiled a little.

"Lizzie, what's going on?", I ask and she smiled a little more.

"We're going home", she says and I nod as I wasn't expecting her to be so cheery about going back to Sherman Oaks.

"Yes?", I say questionably as she walked over to me.

I was confused as she crawled onto my bed before sitting on my lap. I instantly wrapped my arms around her waist as she moved hers to my neck.

"What's going on in your mind?", I ask and she smiles as she looks at me.

"It's almost Clay's birthday and we are going to plan a huge party for him", she says with a huge smile and I smiled a little back.

"It's his birthday and then in a few months it's mine, don't forget that", I say to her and she smiled a little.

"I would never forget yours. I already have the best gift idea for you", she says before lightly kissing my cheek.

"It's gonna be the best birthday party for him. Just his closest friends and lots of food", she says all excitedly and I just was in awe over her.

"He's going to be seventeen, like how in the world is he so old", she jokingly says and I laughed a little.

"He's only a year older than us, what are you saying?", I say back and she laughs as she looks at me.

"I'm just saying that he's old now", she teases out and I shook my head as she moved off my lap.

Not even a split second after she moved my door was thrown open. I looked towards the door and saw Mac walk in with her giant teddy that she has to bring everywhere we go.

"Alex, mum said we are leaving soon", Mac says as she walks over to my bed.

"I don't wanna leave the beach", Mac then says and I watch out of my peripheral as Lizzie nods in agreement.

"Mac, we have a pool and it's not like we won't be coming back here. We have a few weeks before we come back for July Fourth", I tell my sister as she flings her teddy up onto my bed to crawl on.

"Here Mac, I'll help you up", Lizzie says as she gets off my bed to lift my sister up and on before getting on again herself.

"Mum and dad said that we will be back yeah, but I don't wanna leave. I wanna stay", Mac says with a slight pout making me feel bad.

Mac grabbed her teddy and moved to lay down on my bed. I moved slightly and she sprawled out making me giggle slightly at her comfort.

"Can we all cuddle for a little while before we go?", Mac asks as she looks at me and I nod.

"Yeah of course, we can little missy", I reply making Lizzie smile as she watches us.

I know this hurts her a lot, she has a sister the same age as Mac who she's not overly close with. She's close to her sister, but it's different for her. She doesn't get the everyday sisterly love, she gets the once in awhile kind of sisterly love.