A Shooting Star?

Y/n P.O.V

A low sigh left my lips as I banged my head on the desk in front of me. I had just given my finished exam paper to my teacher and took the moment to have a quick rest. 

Lemme start over. I'm studying engineering, hoping to work with machines. Its always been an interest for me. Ever since I was a kid, I'd remember spending most of my time looking at different vehicles. But that was really the only thing I could do with my spare time since a lot of the other kids weren't exactly friendly. I remember the first time I tried to make friends. Let's just say I returned home with a few bruises. Yeahhhh. The kids here were... pretty nasty. 

Despite me being a bit of a loner for quite some time (if not, my whole life so far), it gave me time and allowed me to focus on working to become an engineer. Or at least a mechanic that worked with vehicle repairs. My dad used to be a mechanic, but then he got himself killed when one of the workers he was with, accidentally got him caught under a car. The guy panicked and then dropped a lever, which dropped the car on top of my dad, crushing him to death. 

Mom fell into a depression and was on medication. As for me, I coped with focusing on my work. 

Disturbing me from my thoughts, the bell rang, signalling the end of class. As soon as it rang, everyone began to get up from their seats and left the classroom. I was the last one out. 

Upon leaving, I saw that the sky was dark, yet clear. Classes here often went into the evening which meant that most of the time, I'd go to sleep as soon as I got home. But I didn't feel as tired today so I decided to take a walk around the town. 

Fixing the bag on my back, I began to take a stroll through the streets of Traverse City, which was actually just a small town. Never really understood why people called towns cities sometimes. Just felt weird to me. 

After walking for around 10 or so minutes, I frowned as I thought I heard something. Whatever it was, it sounded like it was approaching and... on fire? 

Looking up, my eyes widened as I saw something large headed down. It glowed a bright red colour and I couldn't help but beamazed by it. 

Y/n: Whoa... Is that a shooting star?! Since when do they show up around here? 

I continued to watch as the shooting star fell down, only for me to realise that it was getting closer. And closer. And closer. My eyes widened as I realised it was landing right outside of the town! Before I knew it, it had crashed and I felt my legs shake from the force of impact, nearly making me fall down. 

Once the shaking subsided, I looked in the direction of where the landing was and decided to take a closer look at it. Meteors barely showed up around here. And I wanted to make sure that no one was hurt in the process. 

I rushed to the site of the crash (which only took me around a couple minutes) and once I reached it, I could see that the meteor... wasn't actually a meteor. It only confused me more when I saw that it was... Some giant sort of pod. There was a blue liquid substance leaking from it and a part of it was open with the door blasted off. Like something came out of it. 

Curious and, slightly afraid, I searched my surroundings and found a trail of the blue substance. While I should've just ran away, my curiosity egged me on. And so I followed the trail. Whatever this substance was, I had a feeling I shouldn't touch it. Especially since it had a bright and almost eerie glow. 

The trail took me to the town's scrapyard which was a decent distance away from the rest of the town. People came here to dump all their broken cars if they couldn't be fixed and other devices. It honestly seemed like a waste to me. Upon entering the scrapyard, I heard someone. It sounded like a woman and they were in pain. Slowly, I continued to follow the trail of the blue substance and turned the corner where I reached the end.