Recovery

Y/n P.O.V

It's been a while since Elita 1 was infected by the Cybonic Plague. Ratchet made the cure, but the actual recovery would take awhile longer. 

Right now, I was sat beside Elita 1 as she laid down. 

Y/n: How are you feeling Elita 1? 

Elita 1: A lot better compared to a week ago. Sorry I've been a lousy bodyguard. 

Y/n: Hey, that's far from the truth. Just because you've been out of commission for a week doesn't mean you've not been doing your job. In the time you were active, you've done a lot to help me. 

She lets out a low hum and smiles. 

Elita 1: Thank you, Y/n. You're sweet. 

Y/n: I try my best. 

Out of nowhere, Chromia pops up with a cheery laugh. 

Chromia: Hey guys! How are you holding up? 

Elita 1: Fine. Y/n was just providing some company. 

Chromia: Good to hear. And good news Elita! Ratchet says you'll be allowed to move in another three days. 

Elita 1: Great. Can't wait. 

Y/n: Does recovery always take this long when you're cured from this plague? 

Chromia: No, not all the time. But that was a controlled strain of the virus so it takes a little longer to cure. Don't worry. Elita is gonna be right back to normal when she's fully recovered. 

Y/n: I'm glad to hear that. 

Elita 1: Me too. How are things on the field? 

Chromia: Ehh. Nothing crazy. It's mostly just been gathering Energon. Aside from gathering Energon and being a few small battles against the Vehicons, you've not missed out. 

Y/n: And what about interrogating Airachnid? Or Shatter? 

Chromia: You'll have to ask Optimus about that. He's the one in charge of that stuff. 

Elita 1: It would've been me doing the interrogations, but... You know. 

Y/n: Right. 

Chromia: Anyway, Y/n. I was wondering if you wanted to go for a ride. I might not be Elita, but I've got a few tricks to make it a thrilling experience. 

Y/n: Provided we don't get ambushed by Decepticons, I'm down for it. 

Elita 1: Just be careful, you two. 

Chromia: Don't worry Elita. Your buddy's safe with me. 

She says as she transforms into her vehicle form. I head down to her level and enter the driver's seat and put on a seat belt. Upon doing so, Chromia begins to drive out of the base and we head out for a leisurely drive. I lean back into the seat and sigh. 

Chromia: You doing okay? 

Y/n: Yeah. Just... I'm curious about Shatter. Do you know her? 

Chromia: Yeah. She's a crazy one. She's smaller than most Decepticons but she's just as deadly, maybe even more. 

Y/n: Is the base enough to keep both her and Airachnid captive? 

Chromia: I get what you're worried about. Trust me, they won't be able to escape. 

Y/n: I hope so. 

We continue driving in silence for some time before Chromia speaks up. 

Chromia: So... Uh... You hungry? We can head into town and buy some food. 

Y/n: Sure. 

Chromia: Alright! Let's get going! 

She drives faster, heading into the town and to the nearest drive-through. When we arrived, I made my order and got my money out. We collected the food and headed back to the base. Except, instead of entering the base, we went straight to the top and sat at the edge of the cliff, watching the sunset. 

Y/n: Do you think your war will ever end? I mean, from what Elita 1 told me, you guys have been doing this for centuries. 

Chromia: Heh... Yeah, we have. In all honesty, even if we do end the war, I'm not sure what I'd do. Fighting is all I can really remember. I'm not sure how I'd be able to settle down. 

Y/n: Well... I guess while you're here on Earth, we can work on that together. 

She hums and nods in agreement. 

Chromia: Yeah. I'd like that. 

Y/n: And remember, you're not alone. You've got the other humans, you've got the Autobots and you've got me. So if you need anything, you can talk to any of us. 

Chromia: Thanks. 

I nod and take another bite out of the food I bought earlier. The two of us continue to watch the sunset together with smiles on our faces. 

I looked forward to the future and whatever came our way.