A Shattering Ride

Y/n P.O.V

Elita 1 and I had taken to the road, enjoying a nice and relaxing drive. To maintain Elita 1's cover, I sat in the driver's seat and kept my hands on the steering wheel, just in case someone passing by saw me with my hands off and thought it was suspicious. 

And speaking of suspicous... I was a little curious about why Elita 1 looked at Arcee the way she did when Arcee winked at me. So I decided to just be direct about it. 

Y/n: Hey Elita 1? Can I ask you something? 

Elita 1: Sure. What's up?

Y/n: Back at the base, when Arcee winked at me... You almost seemed angry at her. Care to explain a little or is it just a Cybertronian thing? 

Elita 1: ...Its nothing. Don't worry. 

Y/n: Elita 1... 

Elita 1: Trust me Y/n. Its nothing. Anyway, you were curious to learn more about Cybertron's history, right? 

Y/n: And you're going to change the subject just like that. Yeah, that little glare with Arcee was definitely something. 

Elita 1: Why do you have to be like this? 

Y/n: Because if you're going to be my guardian and partner, I'd like to get to know you better. 

Elita 1: Alright... Fine. You win. But this stays between us. Arcee's been known for... a lot of things. Being a great warrior, emotionally driven, and... Regrettably, the most vulnerable. 

Y/n: Vulnerable? How? 

Elita 1: Arcee's had a lot of partners, both in combat and... as a love interest. Her latest love interest, Tailgate, was tortured and murdered right in front of her. Ever since then she's... Been a little too unstable. I just don't want her to get too crazy over you, in case if something does happen...

Y/n: She doesn't completely lose her mind. 

Elita 1: Yeah. I'm not saying that anything will happen. I'm just saying in case something does. 

Y/n: I understand. But if something were to happen to me, don't you think it'd be better if we all made the most of our time together? So that we can all remember good times. 

Elita 1: I suppose... But, I still think its too soon, considering how long we live for. To her, it seems like yesterday when in reality, it was actually a few hundred years ago, maybe. 

Nodding slowly, I let out a sigh. Poor Arcee... I can't imagine losing someone you love right in front of you, especially after seeing them endure torture. However, I was brought out of my train of thought when I saw a red car driving towards us. I would've thought nothing of it, but I was quick to notice a purple insignia on the back of the car, that looked similar to the Autobots. 

Y/n: Elita 1? That car... 

Elita 1: Scrap...! 

Y/n: You know them? 

Elita 1: Unfortunately, I do. Shatter. Hold on! Its gonna be a bumpy ride! 

The red car bumped into us, slightly pushing us off road. 

Y/n: Damn!

Elita 1: Just stay down! 

She slammed back into the red car and drove faster, hoping to get away from the car. Unfortunately, it seemed to keep up with us! 

Y/n: Guns? 

Elita 1: Guns. 

With that said, the top of Elita opened up and a machine gun appeared. I quickly got up from my seat and held onto the triggers, aiming the gun at the pursuer. To my surprise, the car transformed and turned its arms into cannons, opening fire at us! Thinking quickly, I fired at the incoming blasts, blowing them up before they reached us. 

Elita 1: Elita 1 to base, come in! 

Ratchet (Comms): Base here. What's going on? 

Elita 1: We've got a Con on our tails! Its Shatter! Sending coordinates now! 

Ratchet (Comms): Understood! I'm opening a ground bridge in front of you. 

The red Con known as "Shatter" reverted back to vehicle form and sped up, hoping to catch up. I continued to fire at the Decepticon, but they weren't making it easy as they kept swerving. Before I knew it, I heard the ground bridge opening up behind me. 

Elita 1: Hold on! 

My hands gripped the triggers tightly, but to both our dismay, the Con caught up, transformed back into robot form and grabbed Elita by the trunk. I opened fire at the Con, but they picked me up, pulling me away from the gun! Retaliating, Elita 1 reverted into her robot form and threw a right hook at the Con. The punch forced the red Decepticon to let go of me, making me land on the side of the road. I let out a slight grunt as I landed. 

Elita 1: Y/n! Are you alright?! 

I dusted myself off and nodded as I looked up at her. 

Y/n: Yeah. Never better. 

She smiled a little, seeing that I was unharmed. But I was quick to see that the Con had recovered and turned their right arm into a blade of a kind. My eyes widened. 

Y/n: Elita 1! Behind you! 

She swiftly turned around and saw the Con thrust their arm at her. Barely, she managed to dodge it, but it still cut her a little, making her mad and throw another punch at the Con. This time, Elita 1 followed through with a kick to the gut and an uppercut, sending the Con flying. After knocking the enemy down, she let out a groan as she fell to her knees. 

Y/n: Elita 1! Are you alright?! 

Elita 1: I... I'm fine. Really... Just... Probably hit something... 

I looked at her injury and saw a strange cyan-like colour-thing, spreading around the wound. She then began to cough, making me worry even more. Thankfully, the other Autobots came to the rescue and noticed Elita's condition.

Bulkhead: Elita 1! 

Arcee: Where's Shatter? 

I pointed at the red Decepticon, seeing her knocked out cold on the road. 

Y/n: Right there. 

Arcee: Bee, with me. Bulkhead, get Elita 1 to Ratchet, now! 

Bulkhead: Right. 

The green bulky bot picked up Elita 1 while Arcee and Bumblebee approached the Decepticon, lifting them up a little before cuffing them. I let out a sigh and walked back through the ground bridge, hoping that Elita 1 would make a swift recovery. 

But the damage was far worse than any of us realised...