Chpt. 6

Cameron's pov:
While the boys and I were talking about the NCA final, I got a call from my mum. Once I picked the call I went to a corner, so I could here her better.

*Cam's conversation with his Mom on the phone*

Cam: Hey mum, what's up?
Cam's Mum: Cameron where are you, I need to talk to you, I hear music.

Cam: I'm at a party, one second.

(Cam goes to the bedroom to hear his mum better)

Cam: Okay, it should be better now, mum your voice sounds shaky?

Cam's Mum: (Starts to lightly cry) Cameron your father has been in a car accident and he has been hit by a drunk driver, he has been brought to the ambulance, if you can here the sirens in the background.

Cam: Mum everything will be fine, dont worry it will be ok. I will be there in a few hours.

Cam's Mum: Alright but be safe.
Cam: Yes mum, don't worry he'll be fine.

*End of call*
When Catherine comes in, tears started to trickle down and I just needed her presence right now.

She let me let everything out. After a good 20 minutes of crying I explained to her what had happened and that I needed to go see my family right away. When she insisted in coming, I knew she was the one. She wanted to support my struggle and I am so greatful that she did.

When we arrived home, we packed a suitcase that we would share, because  we were going to stay the night at my Mom's. Once we had finished, we hit the road. It was 12 am in the morning but I was determined to get to the hospital. I really hope my fathers alright.

Whenever I had a spare hand, I would grab Catherine's hand and hold it tight, holding back the tears I had. I saw her concern and determination in making everything better. She is just amazing.

Once we reached the hospital, we ran to the receptionist and out of breath I said, 'Dallas'. 'Yes, the second floor, room 14' the secretary replied. 'Thanks', Said Catherine as we rushed to the elevator and once we got in, I pressed the number 2 multiple times. Catherine grabbed my hand and my tension slightly faded away.

Once the elevator opened, we rushed to find room 14. Once Catherine and I found it we opened the door to find my family, including my older cousins, aunts, Sierra and my Mom. I saw my Dad, helpless on the bed sleeping. My family looked at Catherine. 'Oh..this is my girlfriend, Catherine' I said. My Mom gave her a weak smile and said, 'Lovely to meet you, Cameron has told us so much about you.'

The doctor came in and saw us all sitting around, either on a chair, standing with sorrow in our eyes or sitting down, holding my dad's hand. We looked up at the doctor, expectantly, including Catherine.

'So we have ran some tests and he is going to have to go for operation in 4 hours or he might end up in a critical condition. He will need great time to recover, but he will be alright.

My mother burst out crying. I went over to her and tears came down my cheeks and I started to smile. Everything was going to be alright. I gave my mum a hug. Someone touched my right shoulder. I turned around and it was Catherine. I looked at her. She was smiling, while tearing up. I gave her a quick kiss and gave her a great hug. 'Thank you for everything', I whispered in her ear. She smiled.

I told my Mom that we were going to sleep over at her's. She smiled and we said our silent goodbyes to my sleeping father and we left the hospital.

Catherine's pov:
I'm so happy for Cameron and his family. When we arrived at Mrs. Dallas's house, Cam brought me to his room, while he carried the luggage. 'I'll make us a snack', said Cameron, as we hadn't eaten properly since the festival had ended.

While he was doing that, I prepared the bed and looked around Cam's room. 'He really loves you'. I turned around to see Cam's Mum with some towels, leaning against the door. 'I know', I said. 'I'm so happy Mr. Dallas is going to be ok', I continued. 'Thanks, and thank you for being so supportive, you really are the right girl for Cameron', Mrs Dallas replied. I smiled. I gave her a hug and thanked her for letting me stay and letting me help, comfort them in their sorrow.

Once Cam and I had finished our snacks, we got to bed and cuddled up close and before you knew it we were fast asleep.