ACT FIVE

BLACK SCREEN WITH A RED ROSE.
🌹
INTRODUCTION.
So far, my life's been pretty hard. But that was before I met him, everything changed...

FADE OUT.
FADE IN.
ENT. TATTOO STUDIO. HEADLEY INK.
MONDAY MORNING.

KAYNE'S STYLE.
[28 years old. 6ft2 dark ash blond hair, shaved at the sides, long on top. Lots of tattoos. Nipples, and ears pierced. Dressed in mostly punk/biker clothing. DOC Boots, jeans, T-shirts, shirts. Hoodies.
Modelled his look on Stephen James.]

ACTION.
Kayne sits in his cubical at Headley Ink Tattoo Studio cleaning up from his last client. It's while his best friend, Dean Headley stands by my workstation with his arms folded. He's almost looking lost for what to do with himself.
Kayne tilts his head after seeing him.

[CHARACTER-2 KAYNE] [V.O.]
Uh oh, I hope his current trollop isn't giving him hell again.

ACTION.
Dean finally cleared his throat.

[CHARACTER-4 DEAN]
"So, have you found a place to live yet?"

ACTION.
Kayne grinned, still wondering why Dean looked so nervous. He shook his head before speaking.

[CHARACTER-2 KAYNE]
"No, not yet. Seriously, trying to find a place in this town is crazy, especially one that's happy with my work schedule. Some were even too scared to look at me after they saw my tattoos. Fucking Morons!"

[CHARACTER-4 DEAN]
"Well, I..."

ACTION.
Dean paused, still looking reluctant to carry on.

[CHARACTER-2 KAYNE]
"What?"

ACTION.
Dean shook his head.

[CHARACTER-4 DEAN]
"I might know of a place."

ACTION.
Dean then looked down at his feet.

[CHARACTER-2 KAYNE]
"No way, are you serious?"

[CHARACTER-4 DEAN]
"Yeah, my friend's got a room to rent. She's looking for someone to snap it up quickly. Something about needing the rent halved. She needs the cash as soon as possible. So, if you want her number-"

[CHARACTER-2 KAYNE]
"Hell yes, I do! Christ, you don't need to ask twice. Pass it over. I'll call now. I needed this like yesterday. I hope to god this works out. Seriously, sleeping on my Nan's sofa is killing my back. Not to mention her nagging me to find a place."

[CHARACTER-2 KAYNE] [V.O.]
I love her dearly and I'd love to stay and look after her, but she likes her own space, especially when her "man-friend" comes around.

ACTION.
Kayne shivered at the thought.

[CHARACTER-2 KAYNE] [V.O.]
Shit! Get out of my head, get the fuck out!

ACTION.
Eventually, Dean hands over her number. Kayne noticed Dean looking very serious, making Kayne suspicious.

[CHARACTER-4 DEAN]
"Don't fuck this up, shit-face! Otherwise, I will kick your backside."

ACTION.
Kayne's eyes open wide, shocked Dean would doubt him.

[CHARACTER-2 KAYNE]
"What the hell? I won't. You know I won't. D, I need this."

ACTION.
Dean huffed and grinned, and Kayne rolled his eyes at Dean's response.

[CHARACTER-4 DEAN]
"Yeah, I know you're not the same arse-wipe you used to be."