ACT SEVEN

FADE IN.

ACTION.
Mars is now sitting at her desk looking over a few emails. She sighed and looked at her surroundings, thinking about her work environment.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
Please, lord, get me out of here. No, I never used to hate this job. I loved it in the beginning, but since Mr Nolan Delaney began working this floor, I hate it with a passion. If he wasn't here, I'd probably still love it.

ACTION.
Mars sees Mr Delaney walking around the office space, speaking with colleagues. This is while Mars (voice-over) speaks about him.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
Unfortunately for me, and a few others, he's a pervert. No, strike that. He's a dirty-arse pervert! He's my boss and unfortunately for me, I'm his secretary. Though, he doesn't own this place. No, that honour goes to Mr Benjamin, of B&H Solicitors. He's big-time too. Definitely a man who knows his stuff, and hand to have around when you're in a bad spot.
Mr Harlan is his second in command. We don't see him much because he's more of the, "behind the scenes" kinda guy. He only comes out when there's a big celeb case happening.
Unlike Mr Benjamin, he's not a nice person. Sure, Mr Benjamin scared the crap out of me on my first day. This fear stayed for a while, but as the years went by, I grew to like him after discovering his much of a big teddy bear he is. That came when he helped me with dealing with my ex. It wasn't easy.
He also helped me out with finding a new home after he asked about my living arrangements. I told him I was still trapped at Ashton's place, and he sighed. Then with a shake of his head, he said we can't have that. "Come with me, I'll help you." Best day of my life when he said those words.
Living at Ashton's place drove me crazy. I lived there for about two months after they locked him up. Sadly, I still received calls, visiting orders, flowers and gifts. Along with his friends delivering them personally. Why? Because he didn't trust anybody else in my presence. Seriously, he got more romantic being locked up than he ever was when he was free.

ACTION.
Mr Delaney slowly moved towards Mars. She sees him and almost shrinks back in her seat. She dipped her head, trying to hide.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
Crazily, Ashton's friends began following me everywhere. I put a stop to that with an injunction. Again, thanks to Mr Benjamin. Sadly it didn't stop them. Ash just sent different people to do the job. I was desperate, so Mr Benjamin helped me. He's like my guardian angel now. As for Mr Delaney, he's currently standing behind my chair, pressing his gut against my back.

ACTION.
Mr Delaney stands behind her chair, hovering over her shoulder and looking at her computer screen.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
What's cringe about this is that he's breathing like a fat rapist? He's out of breath, sweating like he's in a cake shop. Keep going, Prick! It's just more evidence to get your backside for sexual harassment.

ACTION.
Mr Delaney placed his hands on her shoulders, almost massaging them with his greedy hands. This makes Mars feel sick, and she recoils her face in disgust.
Mars then discreetly lifts her eyes to make sure Carl (work friend) is watching.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
As requested by me, I asked him to video us. Whenever he's around me, he captures it, especially for this shit. I've got a few videos like this, but I want him in so much trouble. I keep going to make sure I have enough to prove my case. Some might think I'm being harsh here, but he did this with his last secretary. Of course, she had the sense to leave, whereas, for me, I needed this job. At least until I can get enough money together. I need my dream to happen.
Sure, going into the tattooing business is a big career change, especially going from being a secretary at a law firm. I should be happy with this kind of job and the money is great, especially the bonus at the end of the year. However, I think the Perve only gives me that little extra because he likes to touch me.
This isn't what I want for my life. I have dreams and being stuck here is killing me.