ACT NINE

FADE IN.
ENT. HOME.
NIGHT.

ACTION.
Mars, Shell and Kayne all sat around the dining table after Shell and Mars finished setting it up ready for Kayne to bring out the food he prepared. Mars took a glance his way.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
Lord, he's dishy. While I stood in our kitchen pulling out the cutlery, I couldn't stop watching him. I couldn't take my eyes off him and his backside while he cooked. Hey, I'm human. Believe me, you'd stare too if you stood in his presence. Oft, talk about "buns of steel" I bet he can crush walnuts with it. Aha!

ACTION.
They were about to dig in when Shell spoke.

[CHARACTER-3 SHELL]
"Oh wait, we need drinks."

ACTION.
Shell then stood from her perch and began walking towards the kitchen. Mars lifts her head to watch her go, but Shell suddenly stops walking as she gets past Kayne's seat. She then turned and paused again, seemingly looking like she was about to say something, but she didn't.
Shell just stood there and tilted her head after staring at something on Kayne's back. Mars looked a little worried about the look on Shell's face.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
What are you doing, woman? Seriously, she's freaking me out. Shit, what if it's a spider on his back?

ACTION.
With that image, Mars shivered.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS]
"You okay, sweets?"

ACTION.
Shell's eyes lift to look at Mars before moving to his back again. She's looking at him with a shocked, but amused look on her face.

[CHARACTER-3 SHELL]
"Yeah, I um... Yeah. Sorry Kayne, would you like wine or a beer?"

ACTION.
Kayne turned his head to look at Shell with slightly raised brows, probably wondering what the hell she was doing too.

[CHARACTER-2 KAYNE]
"A beer would be great, thanks."

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
Jesus, I like his voice. It's so smooth it's floating over my body, making me shiver.

ACTION.
Shell nodded and carried on with her task of retrieving the drinks with a grin on her lips.
While they sit waiting for Shell to return, Mars feels a little hot and bothered while taking sneaky glances Kayne's way.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
Honestly, he's probably one of the sexiest specimens I have ever seen.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS]
"So, Kayne, what do you call this?"

ACTION.
Mars then pointed down at my food and nervously smiled. Kayne looked shocked that she was speaking to him. They've not spoken since their awkward introduction.

[CHARACTER-2 KAYNE]
"It's a family favourite, Basil chicken with vermicelli."

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
He looks proud when he says this. Hell, I would too, if I could cook like this.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS]
"It's delicious."

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O.]
I also think he's delicious. Hey, I can appreciate a good-looking man when I see one.

ACTION.
Kayne smiled, but he looked shy. Oh boy, those dimples. Yep, they're gonna be the death of me. I want to have a little fun with him, but before I do, I clear my throat. The tension's been building since I first looked into his eyes. It's very distracting. I start by telling him Shell also cooks.