Chapter 4

Pasimple kong tiningnan si Aris na maluha-luhang nakatingin sa akin. Nilipat niya ang tingin sa dark green na gown na bigay ng Exotic Glamour, shop ni Auntie Aruna.

"My l-lady... I cannot believe you can't wear this for The Dusk of Heyanshia. We are looking forward for this to happen. And yet..." Naiyak uli siya na parang nalugi sa bangko.

I feel you, Aris. I feel you.

The day of our arrival in the Craelaus Dukedom is the day of our most awaited festival. The Dusk of Heyanshia. By now, the ladies of Veliena Empire must be showering themselves with perfumes, milk baths, makeups, and sorts of things that a lady must prepare. I can't help but feel bitter. This goddamn marriage is the only cause that my dream is shattered into pieces. Like the sand in the shore, flying with the help of the cold wind.

After our unexpectedly disgusting and nerve-racking contact with the Duke in the morning. I never ever, ever wish to encounter him again in this humongous estate. Although, nababahala ako dahil baka magkasabay kami sa dinner ngayong gabi. Ah, basta! The audacity of that man to insult me like that! Ugh, bloody devil. Now, I can't even win his trust because of his behavior towards me. Sino ba siya para pagtiyagaan ko? Hahanap na lang ako ng panibagong paraan.

Inis kong sinipa ang mga unan sa kama dahil sa inis. Taranta namang pinulot 'yon ni Aris at pinagpagan saka binalik ito sa kama. Niyakap ko ang binti at sumigaw ng sumigaw.

"Oh goodness, my lady! What's wrong?"

Chi-neck agad niya ang noo ko kung mainit ba.

"That freaking Duke! Who does he think he is?! Ugh, I hate him! That fucking-"

"You shouldn't say that, my lady! He is your husband! Please refrain yourself from cursing him!"

I didn't mind her and calm my mind. But this scene keeps on repeating in my clouded mind.

"What took you so long, my love?"

And then he smirked! What the freaking hell?

"Iw, disgusti- I mean, pardon, your Grace?"

He let go of my hand, gone his playful smirk. He looked serious and at the same time, annoying.

"Don't expect or misunderstand, lady. I'm not talking to you. However, I was holding your hand so it looked like I was saying that to you. But it is not. Those words are meant for my fiancée."

My forehead creased. "Fiancée?"

Huh?

Can he see things I can't see? Perhaps, he has a dead fiancée? This is giving me chills.

"Yes. Pardon me for the late introduction. I'm Duke Uzziah Quillan Craelaus and this woman at your back..."

Nilingon ko naman ang babaeng nakatingin sa akin ng masama. Wearing an extravagant yellow bling bling gown partnered with a yellow heels. There is only want thing I can say, she's gorgeou-

"... is my fiancée. Lady Amora Braeden."

She's ugly. Too flashy. Ugh, so blinding.

But wait... What did he said?! His fiancée?! What in the world did I just get myself into?! Am I married to an engaged guy? How dare he! This is an insult to the royal empire and my family! I gritted my teeth as anger and humiliation consume me.

However, this swirl of emotion inside me slowly disappeared as I went to the bright side. A smile appeared on my face. Oh well, mas mapapadali na pala ang pag-aalis ko dito.