Chapter 6

"Hah..." Sinubukan kong aliwin ang sarili na panibagong makulay na yugto na naman ito ng buhay ko. Ang mag-aral.

Bwesit. Kahit anong gawin ko, hindi talaga ako masaya at bumangon sa kama.

"My lady! Please get up already! The Countess is here! Quick, my lady! Let's not make a bad impression to her!" Natataranta na namang sigaw niya. It's always like this these past few days.

Matulog, gumising, kakain (minsan hindi na hehe), mag-aral, kakain, mag-aral, mamatay (charot), kakain, matulog, repeat.

I'm tired for pete's sake.

"I think this dress will suit you better, ah no, this one... Wait no, this one. Yes, much much better." Inalalayan ako ni Aris at halos kaladkarin na sa banyo.

In just a blink of an eye, I'm done. Like a real real human now. I'm ready and yet here I am, still sighing for I am really indolent to partake the class. "Aris... can I just die now?" Sabi ko na ikinangiti niya.

"Oh, please no, my lady. I do not want my efforts for making you beautiful, though you're already one, to go to waste. Now please... I beg you, my lady, to start briskly walking as the Countess is waiting at the drawing room."

I can't help but let out a deep sigh. I want someone to make the ground crack right now and swallow me in it.

As the sun began to set over the grand estate, I found myself seated in the ornate drawing room, where Countess Elantra Tye, a woman of unparalleled grace and knowledge, imparted upon me the intricate details of my impending role as the duchess of Craelaus. Her words flowed like a gentle melody, guiding me through the maze of societal expectations and responsibilities.

Ramdam na ramdam ko tuloy na pasan ko ang buong mundo. I hope this day ends quickly so that I could rest like a baby inside my chambers.

"Lady Cerisxe," she spoke gently and smiled at me, "The time has come for you to assume your rightful place as the Duchess of Craelaus."

Tumango ako sa kaniya, handang handa ng tapusin ang kailangan kong tapusin. "I am honored and eager to learn, Countess."

"Very well," ang singkit niyang mata ay tumitig sa akin. "As the soon-to-be duchess, you will hold power and influence. But remember, my dear. You must not only be a pure face beauty but also possess the wisdom to navigate the complexities of our world. Your grace and intelligence will be your greatest allies."

Naglakad siya sa bag niya at may kinuhang libro. Siguro ay ito na ang pag-aaralan ko. The countess spoke again with a hint of warmth in her voice, "You are the heartbeat of Craelaus, its very soul."

She guided me through the intricacies of diplomatic negotiations, the art of hosting lavish parties, which I mostly dislike, and the management of the vast estate. With each lesson, I absorbed her words like a leech. This can definitely help me in the future. Haha, of course, that's why I'm here, learning for my future role. Tch.

After hours of lessons and quizzes, I found myself successfully acing every challenge, na siya namang ikinamangha at ikinatuwa ni Countess Elantra. The countess's eyes sparkled with pride as she praised my quick wit and deep understanding of the matters she recently discussed.

Nang matapos ang klase namin ay siya namang pagbukas ng malaking pinto. It revealed a familiar figure with an aura surrounding him, the Duke of Craelaus. Nakita ko naman kung paano manginig ang kasama ko. How terrifying is he for them to tremble like that?

"How's our soon-to-be duchess?" His voice, cold as ice, sliced through the air.

"I greet the Duke of Craelaus, Duke Uzziah Quillan Craelaus." the countess curtsy first before replying about the Duke's question, "The duchess-to-be has proven to be an exceptional student, demonstrating both her beauty and intellect, your Grace."