Mission

The wind blew, soft and serene, as if ignorant of the danger the two were about to face. Y/n sighed, stretching in the grass and looking towards gojo who whistled. His body was relaxed against a tree, arms behind his head as he looked up into the sky, a small smile dancing on his lips.

"ne, y/n-chan, you ready yet?"

She turned to him with a sigh, brows furrowed. The man tilted his head at her reaction. She'd never been reluctant to go on missions with him, much less worried. They were an unstoppable team, ever since they were kids.

"hmm..? Whats with that face? Dont tell me youre worried~"

Gojo teased, leaning closer to her and y/n huffed, batting his face away. She stared into her hands, before she shook her head.

"i just have a bad feeling about this..."

"What are you worried for, y/n-chan? Dont you know i always have your back?"

"no its just... Theres something off about that." she gestured to building in front of them. Truth be told, gojo could sense the immense cursed energy emanating from it. It looked as if the walls were made of shadow. "Maybe im just being paranoid though..."

A shiver ran her spine as she spoke her thoughts. Gojo only raises his brows, wrapping his arms around y/n. A soft giggle left her throat as he smothered her, his strong arms holding her in a comforting embrace.

"Y/n, were gonna be fine. Just trust me, okay~?"

It was a while before she nodded, looking up at gojo who smiled down at her.

"youre right, satoru... Lets go?"

"Thats the spirit"

He laughed heartily, getting up and offering her a hand. Y/n took it, finally returning his smile, though still pensive. They walked slowly towards the building in their usual formation, gojo in front with y/n behind him, holding onto his shoulder. This ensured he was able to place a shield on the both of them with cursed energy during crucial moments.

The door loomed ominously infront of them, gojo kicking it open unexpectedly making her flinch. He walked inside with ease, looking around the empty corridor. He seemed to study every room, bright blue eyes scanning each and every crevice.

"gojo...!"

She slapped his shoulder lightly as he chuckled, looking behind his back to catch a glimpse of her tense face.

"i thought you trusted me?"

Theres mock sadness in his voice as he leaned against her woefully. Y/n grumbled, pushing him back up to his feet. The wind blew against the two of them once more, more harsh this time and the door slammed shut.

Gojo looked surprised, tensing, his eyes darting around the room. There were two, maybe three grade 1 curses. Judging by the amount of cursed energy it was even possible it was special grade. He couldnt seem to wrap his mind around y/n's fears. They've faced grade 1 cursed multiple times already. And they were able to defeat special grades as well by themselves. What was up with her?

He deftly swerved as a beam of light aimsd at the two of them, a sigh of relief escaping him once he saw she had done the same. Her eyes were narrowed as she scanned the room, frowning as the floor started to thin.

"we're going to fall-"

The floor finally gave way before y/n could finish her words, the wind rushing as the two plummeted. Gojo grunted, preparing himself to land as she vlung onto his back. She spoke softly, almost a whisper.

"now?"

"not yet, i still cant see them."

They finally reached a floor with a bang, the ground beneath them rippling at gojos cursed energy. Y/n stumbled off of him, body poised and ready to strike. They watch each others back as the curse finally reveals itself. It had two mouths, one on its forehead and the other on its belly. It stuck out its long winding tongue to reveal two of sukuna's fingers curled inside.