vacation

"I- its alright"

Y/n manages to let out with a pained smile. Gojo sighs, shaking his head and places his hand on her back, herding her towards the three who waited in worry in their spot by the beach. The white haired man dropped her off at a chair situated under an umbrella, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

After, he rummages through his bag to bring out a few white towels, draping them over y/n and doing his best to cover what skin was exposed. The girl raised a brow.

"Satoru, its okay, really. Besides, its hot-"

"No," He placed a finger over her mouth to hush her. "Dont take that off okay? Im going to go hang out with riko-chan"

Before he leaves he places another kiss to her cheek and y/n flushes. Hes always been caring to her in that regard, even when they were children. Her eyes are trained into his back as he walks off into the beach, and its a while before She realizes that kuroi and geto are staring at her with both worry and pity.

"Oh cmon guys, cut it out! Im fine, alright?"

"Respectfully, you doing look fine"

Geto breathes out, gaze pointed at her srill trembling fingers. The older woman only places a comforting hand on hers. Y/n sighs, but smiles nonetheless, thankful to have such caring friends. It was true that the situation had shaken her up a little bit, but she did her best not to be bothered. Shes been through worse, after all.

Its quiet before any of them utter a word, basking in the cool glow to the sun, and the warm, blue waves of the sea. The breeze would whistle every now and then with the small squeaks of the birds that soared in the sky. The only thing breaking the tranquility being gojo and riko, mucking about in the beach.

"I didnt expect that i would be fooled by a non-sorceree of the star religious group.. " Kuroi mutters dejectedly, cheeks pink from embarrassment. She sits with her knees up to her chest, hugging them as she spoke. "Its so embarrassing"

"Its understandable since it was an ambush"

"Mhm, " Y/n nods along with getos statement. "Geto-san is right, kuroi-san. You couldnt have known it was going to happen. Besides, we've got ourselves a little vacatiom now"

"Im also too blame, anyway" Geto leaned his head back and sighes ruefully. He runs a hand through his bangs, looking up into the sky.

"But was it.. Really an ambush?" Kuroi looks down at her hands in disappointment, her words having garnered the attention of both y/n and geto. "After the q incident, i have been on high alert. But i still cant remember how i was attacked.."

Theres another small silence before kuroi shakes her head, as if trying to brush away the thoughts in her head.

"Anyway, you guys got here by plane right? Were there any problems? Did you meet any enemies?"

Geto smiled while y/n stifled a laugh as she listened to the boy reiterate what happened during their plane ride. His gaze was trained on both gojo and riko playing in the sand now and building castles. And curses, for some odd reason.

"Satoru haa good eyes. He checked the passengers and crews, as well as the inside and putside of the plane before taking off."

Y/n nodded laughing.

"You should have seen him, kuroi-san! He was staring down everyone there-!"

"Also, during he fight, my cursed spirit was guarding the plane outside. Its safer than traveling on land. What i want to know is why they woud specify okinawa as the location."

"Hm.. It does seem strange, doesnt it?"

Y/n mused, hand on her chin as she stared into the dissiparing clouds in the sky. The older woman nodded, seeming deep in thought. Geto was looking over their schedule, reading through it a few times before kuroi turned to him suddenly.