{𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑} 𝐃𝐄𝐉𝐀 𝐕𝐔

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴇx ɢɪʀʟꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʜᴀʀᴅᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴄʜ ʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪꜱ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ

     "𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 why you two haven't been answering any of my texts or calls?" Jere scolded.

"Jere, Jere, did you not hear what I just said? We're going to lose this house. Moms house." Conrad said.

"Why would your dad sell this house?" Belly asked.

"He's not. Our aunt Julia is." Flora spoke, a tinge of coldness in her voice that stung Belly.

"Susannah's sister?" Belly asked.

"Half sister. Apparently the house belonged to the both of them and when mom..." Conrad trailed off.

"Now aunt Julia owns the whole thing." Flora finished.

"Okay then we'll just call dad and figure something out!" Jere protested.

"You think I haven't already done that? He says legally the house is hers." Conrad said, tiredly.

"Okay, then he'll buy it." Jere pushed.

"He doesn't have the money to buy it! Between Brown and the medical bills-" Conrad exclaimed.

"Yeah I know how much the medical bills cost. Because me and Flo were there." Jere said, low anger in his voice.

"How long did the two of you know about this and not tell me?" Jere asked.

"She didn't know until yesterday." Conrad said, referencing his sister who'd simply come to the beach house to escape to a better place. Where Conrad had come to find his sister as well as knowing the house was up for sale.

"Jere this was all happening so fast. I was gonna tell you after I'd taken care of it." Conrad explained. Jere chuckled bitterly.

"And this is you taking care of it? Flo went missing, me and Belly went down to Brown and find out that not only our sister is MIA, but you've been ditching school. And then you ghost us too. Both of you, skipping school!"

"Fuck school! I don't care!" Conrad and Flora protested at the same time.

"Both of you have to go back! Connie you'll fail your college courses!" Jere protested.

"How are you going to become a doctor if you fail out of college, Conrad? How are you going to get into college if you fail your senior year, Flory?"

"Don't. Don't call me that." Flora said breathily.

"You have no idea what you're talking about." Conrad said to Belly.

"Seriously? You're gonna let her fail her senior year?" Jere scoffed.