{𝐒𝐈𝐗} 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴏꜰ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ...

"𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐑𝐀𝐃" Flora called out. They group had been out in the living room, a movie had been flipped on. One of Susannah's favorites. Conrad had abruptly jumped up and left and now was standing on the beach, shaking.

"Connie, what's going on, man?" Flora called out. But she recognized it the instant Conrad turned to face her briefly.

"Panic attack. I'll be fine. It's fine. Go inside." Conrad choked out, not wanting his sister to see him like that.

"Conrad, you're okay, breathe man." Flora said, walking towards him.

"I can't." He whispered, feeling his heart pound. "Just talk. Just talk about anything. Talk to me." Conrad cried.

"Okay." Flora nodded. "Okay." She whispered, coming closer to her brother.

"You remember the first time we went surfing together? I was pretty little and I was scared shitless. Once you were done teasing me like a little pest, you stayed and paddled with me until we caught a wave together. We spent all day out there, you just teaching me how to surf until I finally got the hang of it." Flora said.

"I thought you were like, the coolest person ever. And that's not something a younger sister ever wants to admit." Flora chuckled a bit.

"I guess you were wrong about that one." Conrad chuckled breathily.

"No. That's the thing." Flora shook her head. "Sure, I was pissed at you. But yet, it's always been you I've looked up to. I used to want to be just like you. You're my older brother. You're still the coolest." Flora said. "We can sure fight and argue a shit ton, but there's no chance I wanna let a girl or anything get in the way of us. We're family. You're still and always will be my cool older brother. And I'll always be here. You're shitty little sister."

Conrad felt more tears slip down his face. He felt his heartbeat stop pounding and slow slightly.

"You've been getting these a lot?" Flora asked.

"Yeah. More since mom died." Conrad nodded. "I'm sorry. I'm not insane... I'm just-.... Sorry-" Conrad stammered.

"Hey no. It's okay. I get them too. You're not insane. Or I guess maybe we're both insane then." Flora said lightheartedly.

"Why haven't you told me you've gotten them?" Conrad asked.

"Same reason as you." Flora said. "So, you wanna tell me what got you all worked up?" She asked.

"I found out I got into Stanford." Conrad said.

"What? Are you serious?" Flora gasped.

"Yeah, man. Mom had this fantasy about me finding myself on the west coast." Conrad said.