Chapter 61

Brij picked up on the second ring. "Hullo, Viman ji, what can I do for you sir?"

"I received the package you sent me," began Viman carefully. "Where did you get it?"

"Ah, you got it? Good good. He told me it was something you'd like."

"He who?"

"An old friend of mine, sir. From back home. He's a waiter at a pub in Himli now, place called 'Red Poppy'. You wouldn't know him, I don't think. Said an old patron of his sent it to him, sir, with money so as to pass it on to the capital. Said 'twas very important news, he did. So I thought perhaps you'd like it."

"What's his name, this friend of yours?"

"Gabin sir, but he's never been to the city, to my knowledge. You wouldn't know him."

"And this patron of his, you know who it was? Can you find out?" Viman asked, expectantly. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been this excited about a story.

"Can't rightly say, sir. I don't think Gab knows neither; the gentleman's name, that is. He did say the package arrived from Zaini, though. With instructions to pass it on to the capital."

"Zaini? That doesn't make any sense. How could this video have gone to Zaini when nobody's seen it in Ragah?"

"Can't rightly say, sir," Brij said. He sounded nervous now, frightened. "Is there omething' wrong in it?"

Viman did his best to calm himself, make his voice as friendly and reassuring as he could. After all, Brij was a good source, as well as a good friend. It wouldn't do to lose him. And he had no idea how much he had helped Viman by passing the drive on to him. It was luck beyond his wildest dreams, that the video should have come to Brij of all people. "Nothing wrong, Brij. You did a fantastic job, in fact. Do come by the office this weekend. This deserves a celebration," he smiled into the phone, already clicking on the video icon on his desktop one more time.

"Yes, yes of course Viman ji. I'll surely be there," Brij responded eagerly, and Viman knew that the man was already planning the menu in his mind.

"Seeyou later then," he said distractedly, and disconnected the line as the videostarted playing once again.