Chapter 80

Silver-flecked dark eyes gazed down at him, a strange fire burning in their depths even as the beautiful, sensuous body of the Aeriel Queen moved slowly, hypnotically above him. Long, silver hair streaked with something darker pooled on his chest and in the crook of his neck like ethereal wisps of satiny smoke, as long, perfect nails etched chalky patterns over the sweat-damp skin of his abdomen. His breath hitched even as his body arched upwards, chasing the light, fleeting pressure of that silken flesh on his own. For a moment, his partner withdrew, moving upwards and slightly away, cruelly depriving him of the friction he so desperately craved even as one of her slender hands casually held both of his own in an unyielding, vice-like grip just above his head, keeping him exactly where she wanted him.

"We need the ores, my love," she whispered, bending down over him slowly until her delicate, slightly upturned nose brushed against his earlobe. "We need them, or else all of this has been in vain. You understand that, do you not?"

His hips bucked, his entire body trembling in anticipation at the light brush of her warm breath against his over-sensitised skin. "I-I'm doing my best," he gasped, struggling to keep his voice steady enough to be comprehensible. "I can't just...I can't just divert all resources for my personal use, you know that. There are – there are checks on these kinds of things, procedures and guidelines. There's just no way–"

"Well then, find a way!" Tauheen hissed, digging her perfect nails into the flesh of his shoulder. He thought she might have drawn blood, but he couldn't be sure. He was too busy trying to breathe through the sudden assault of the Aeriel's lips on his own. It was like dying of thirst even as the sweetest water in creation poured down his throat. He was almost delirious with the sensation of it.

His phone buzzed.

Once.

Twice.

He reached out, trying to find it within the mess of blankets and pillows on which he lay, boneless and overwrought. His limbs felt like they had iron weights tied to them...multiple iron weights. Finally, his fingers touched the cold, metallic surface of the cell-phone, closing in around the frantically vibrating gadget.

Tauheen's slender digits, cool and dry, wrapped themselves around his larger ones with deceptive strength. "Not now, my love," she almost pouted. The sight was so incongruous, and yet so strangely fitting on that porcelain doll-like face, it almost jerked him out of the semi-trance he had been languishing in for the past few hours. "We have things to talk about, things to do." Her voice was velvety, alluring. "Everything else can wait."

"It might be...might be important," he protested weakly, grasping one last time for the phone before allowing his fingers to go limp in the Aeriel's grasp. His mind told him he should take the call, get up, leave; but his heart wasn't in it. He felt his body fall back into the mattress, exhausted, relaxed. "Might've been something about the sif ores, you know."

"Wecan deal with that later," said Tauheen, smiling sweetly even as her headdipped down to claim his lips once more, her tongue roving possessively overhis mouth. He groaned, instinctively parting his lips to deepen the kiss."Right now, I have some things in mind you might just find a little moreenjoyable than work..."