Metal Giants

3 Days ago. Within the meeting chamber of a palace buried deep underground, two brothers sat atop their thrones. Side-by-side, they watched as a video unfold, showing two Seraphs who destroyed both human and vampire armies with monstrous strength. 

Lest Karr, 3rd Progenitor of the vampires and King of Germany.

(Y/N) Karr, 3rd Progenitor of the vampires. Younger brother of Lest also serving as King of Germany.

(Y/N)'s POV

The moment of the meeting was tense with expressions unreadable. The shocking display of power from these two Seraphs and the sudden state of crisis the vampire city of Sanguinem has been brought to has thrown the Progenitor Council into a state of utter confusion. Still, one among them understands that panic is not a reliable tool for those within government.

Urd's authoritative voice cut through the air, commanding silence and attention from the assembly. The holographic screens flickered, casting an otherworldly glow on the faces of the vampire council gathered in the dimly lit chamber.

Urd "Silence, everyone. The situation in Sanguinem is disorderly but not irreparable. I will personally go there to retake the city. Lest Karr, Ky Luc, you would join me in retaking the city and re-establishing government."

Lest "As you command, my lord."

Ky Luc "It shall be done. I will also dispatch a battalion of my soldiers to clear our landing zone."

Urd's strategic mind was already at work, efficiently handling the conventional aspects of the crisis. As the predictable rhythm of political orders unfolded, I couldn't help but anticipate the inevitable—my involvement in the unconventional.

Urd "(Y/N), if you can, I'd like you to come with me as well, to deal with the Seraph."

A subtle smile crept onto my face. Urd's predictability never failed to amuse me.

(Y/N) "Of course, my lord."

Urd "Thank you. To everyone else, I expect you to keep everything you know here to yourselves and not to act without informing me beforehand. We must keep this situation fully contained."

One vampiric voice dared to vocalize the unspoken question lingering in the minds of power-hungry minds.

Nix "But my lord, who will take Krul's place as the ruler of Japan?"

Despite my usual indifference to politics, the state of Japan did pique my curiosity. Urd's gaze shifted, contemplating silently before addressing the council.

Urd "I will decide later. For now, we must ensure that Sanguinem doesn't fall."

The holographic screens dimmed, signaling the end of the meeting. My brother, Lest, turned to me with an expectant look. Unfazed, I met his gaze, raising an eyebrow in inquiry.

Lest "You know he's going to pick you, right?"

Doubting such an obvious prediction, I shook my head, countering Lest's assumption.

(Y/N) "No way. Chances are you'll be chosen. You're always so eager to expand your empire after all. But we won't know until we actually get there and deal with the immediate problem at hand."

Lest "Right. The Japanese Imperial Demon Army has somehow gotten their hands on a Seraph and is currently invading Sanguinem. Given that Lord Geales will be there, we probably won't need to bring too many soldiers since we can just wipe them out by ourselves, right?"

(Y/N) "True. But the humans have proven far more troublesome than we originally anticipated. It might still be worth bringing a few squads just in case. And I think I know just which one to bring..."