Playing With an Angel

The air was imbued with a gentle heat as the sun began its descent towards the horizon. A canvas of vibrant hues of yellow, orange, pink, purple, and blue painted the sky, as if an artist's brush had been dipped in the richest of pigments. The fading light of day transformed the world into a realm of warmth, casting long shadows and a golden glow over everything it touched.

At a ruined and withered train station, the Shinoa Squad found themselves at an awkward position as they stood above the concrete foundations, overseeing their friend who is currently trying to "summon his Seraph" which - so far - has been an utter failure. In fact, it looks mostly as though he is using every spark in his brain to think. Or as though he is trying to release an earth-shattering fart.

The second-hand embarrassment was palpable for all...

Standing atop the concrete platform on the other side of the train tracks was the very vampire who is supposedly conducting the experiment, accompanied by his brother and four of his elite guards. Alas, the shame was evident upon them as well.

(Y/N)'s POV

I continued to (begrudgingly) watch as my supposed Seraph makes a mockery of himself. His cheeks puffed, his skin reddened, and his eyes closed shut, he takes a deep breath and tries once again to do... something.

After a few more seconds of a moment more agonizing to the viewer than the performer, my brother encroached upon my position and tilted his head close to mine. His eyes still glued to the scene in front of us, he lowered his voice and in a hushed, concerned note, he asked;

Lest "Hey uhh... do you know what he's trying to do?"

I didn't respond, only blinking a few times. After a moment, the revelation struck me that this boy has no idea of what he's doing or how to activate his Seraph at all. Not an uncommon circumstance for many Vessels, but what he's attempting is definitely something out of the ordinary.

Finally, I concluded that I will have to take matters into my own hands.  I took a step forward and allowed myself to fall from the platform and onto the tracks below. As I approached him, I could sense the uneasy tension in the air, undoubtedly coming from his friends who have yet to trust me - a disposition that is absolutely correct. Especially considering what I'm planning to do now.

I stopped once I'm immediately next to him. Yuichiro ceased his antics and drew all of his attention to me. His gaze surveyed my shorter form with curiosity. Strangely, he didn't look as though he was afraid of me, an act that will soon be revealed to be... a mistake.

Without another warning, I launched my hand upward, harshly clamping onto his throat. As expected, my movements were too fast for anyone other than my brother to register. Before him or his friends even had the chance to express their surprise, I used my other hand to drop a pill into his open mouth and let go. I stood there as I watched Yuichiro drop to the floor coughing.

The others called out to him, but by this point, it would already be too late. He's swallowed the pill and it's only a matter of seconds before the power I seek will be revealed.

The vampire whom I've come to know as Mikaela dropped onto the very same rails that we stood upon and lunged his way towards me. His first-class vampire blade is drawn, it's silver polish, reflecting what remains of the sun's faint orange glow onto me.

I allowed him to come near, my nails clang upon the metal handle of his blade and in a mere fraction of a second, I disarmed him. His weapon flew high into the air as his grip upon it was completely broken. I looked forward, seeing the dance between fear and surprise in his eyes. He understood that it was futile and that I would easily be able to defeat him, yet he still tries to fight in order to protect what is dear to him. Though perhaps he didn't expect that defeat to come so quickly.