Recruitment

(Y/N)'s POV

"Yes, you didn't mishear me, I have decided to keep the seraph and his friends alive." I declared sternly.

Urd remains conflicted to my decision. His brow furrows in what looks to be uncertainty as he returned to his usual coping mechanism when confronted with a conundrum - pacing. The clatter of his boots echoed across one end of the room to the other as he motioned himself from left to right in front of me, all the while keeping a highly cognitive expression.

I've known Urd for over a millennia. He was one of the first of our Father's children who I grew close to. His sense of responsibility is unbreakable and his dream of creating a perfect society for vampire kind still lives on even after the death of order in our world.

Still, on matters of Seraphs, he is... conflicted.

Once again, I conveyed my thoughts on the matter in an attempt to calm him down.

(Y/N) "I am confident that I will be able to use their powers adequately."

Still, he looks heavily troubled as his pacing sees no end. Still, given what has happened in the past, I don't blame him if he thinks taking this chance is too big a risk...

Withdrawing a deep breath, I took a step forward.

"Urd." I called out.

Hearing me beckon his name, he stopped. He eyes fell quickly but gently upon me. I took a few more steps until I was only inches away from him. I looked up, my eyes meeting with his. For a fleeting moment, it seemed as though all his worries was washed away by something. Replaced by a warm sensation that him and I both longed for, to fight off the biting cold... but that warmth has since passed... I knew that I didn't deserve it...

(Y/N) "I've served you faithfully for a millennia. I know you better than anyone else in this world and you know that I would never do anything to stand against you and your dreams... Trust me... I know that it will work this time..."

I placed a hand on his cheek. As my fingers gently brushed his skin, Urd reeled back, his instincts of self-preservation triggered for a brief moment, before it faded away. Longing took its place. A desire to return to better times...

His hand slowly ascended, finding itself atop mine, lightly pressing it down so that my hand pushed a little deeper into his cheek.

His eyes closed. I couldn't tell what he might be thinking, but I know that both of us wished we could stay like this for moments longer. Alas, Urd;s eyes re-opened, and his gaze met with mine once again. With a gentle grip, he took my hand off of his cheek, and let go of it.

Urd "Very well, (Y/N). Please take care. Soon I'll be returning to Russia and Japan will officially be yours... Should you need anything - anything at all - please let me know."

(Y/N) "I will, Urd. It was... good to see you again."

Urd "It was. I enjoyed it too."

A warm moment of silence passed by between us. A melancholic smile made itself evident on the taller vampire's face before he took his focus to another direction and left the room soon after, stating that he needs to finish all the administrative duties so I don't have to bother with it.

I let him go, and just like years back, I watched him as he left through the door, leaving me alone in the room...

I know that for my sins, I don't deserve this feeling... but why does my heart ache for it...

Timeskip

3rd Person POV

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm, orange glow across the makeshift command center set up inside of an auditorium of what used to be a government office building in the middle of the ruined city of Kyoto. A map was spread across a table which stood atop the front stage, dotted with miniature figures representing troops, tanks, and artillery. Despite the overall state of the world outside, the office was relatively intact and unharmed by the apocalypse, it's interiors rooms still help up nicely with few notable signs of destruction.

Three figures surrounded the map. Wolfgang, a 7th progenitor vampire noble holding the position of general in the Reaper Division, Lest Karr, the 3rd progenitor vampire king of Germany, and the newly-instated vampire king of Japan and leader of the Reaper Division - (Y/N).

Standing at the edges of the room around them are (Y/N)'s royal guard, clad in red cloak. The three figures discussed about their tactics for the war, as they await the arrival of a certain group whom they plan to employ. A group which conveniently, just announced their presence to the room with the opening of the auditorium doors. Lead by Aster, they approach the masterminds of the great war to come...

(Y/N)'s POV

A smile appeared on my face as I watched the group known as "The Shinoa Squad" approach. It wasn't long before my brother and Wolfgang mimicked my gaze, and drew their attention to the group as well.

Aster stopped at the foot of the platform and bowed, before taking a few steps to the right and taking his position on the side, allowing us to see the entirety of the team I invited to my presence. My hands left the table where they previously rested on as I began to put distance between myself and the war council.

Lest "So you really did ask Geales not to kill them?"

(Y/N) "I didn't ask anything, I told him of my decision. I am the commander of this war after all."

Lest "And he agreed to let them all go? Even the Seraph?"

I scoffed at his remark.

(Y/N) "You're clearly misinformed. I'm not planning to let anyone go..."

Upon the recovery of my sights upon them, I saw the group collectively tense up. The blonde vampire in particular as he is the one who likely understands my power the best out of the seven of them.

(Y/N) "In three days, we will launch a full assault upon the Japanese Imperial Demon Army in order to regain control of Japan and put an end to their experiments with forbidden magic. Your group is an enemy of The Council, and a traitor to the humans. You have no place to run nor hide, and so this war can only result in your deaths. However... due to your particular abilities, I am willing to extend an offer."

I walked forward, making my way down the platform and onto the same rug that the others stood on.

(Y/N) "Fight my war, and I will show you how to control your abilities and 'protect your family'. Isn't that what you wanted?"

My offer shocked a good number of them, in particular, the black-haired one, Yuichiro Hyakuya. A small glimmer of hope was observable behind the light reflected in his eyes.

"Wait!"

A girl's voice echoes through the auditorium, the owner of it appearing shortly. A girl with purple hair came out from behind the group and made her presence known to me.

Shinoa "The Japanese Imperial Demon Army has someone captive. She's... one of us."

I sensed a strong wave of indescribable emotions coming from one of them. My gaze fell upon him. The tall one with glasses and short pink hair, according to the dossier I was given, this profile matches up with the one named Shiho Kimisuki. In that case... the captive they are referring to must be...

(Y/N) "Mirai. Your sister. I know."

An uneasy calm settled over us. The group seems unwavering in their loyalties to one another but conflicted by the option I've given them. To allay their fears, I gave them the opportunity to speak their mind.

(Y/N) "Name your price."

Gazes of many unidentified natures flew past one another. After a moment, they requested some time to think among themselves and so I granted it to them, swinging my form around and making my way back up the platform, on route towards the table with the map at the vocal point of the room where my brother and subordinate await me. My stride was halted at the sudden declaration made by a certain raven-haired boy.

Yuichiro "Save Mirai! And tell me how to control this powers... I want to protect my family no matter what..."

...

(Y/N) "Even if it means killing other humans?"

Yuichiro "It's not something I want to do... but we humans will do every disgusting act in the world to protect those who we love and cherish..."

...

(Y/N) "Very well."