3

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I walk with Enzo and Blaise into the Great Hall, looking around at all the familiar faces and smiles spread down each table as students eat and chat with their friends.

"Have you spoken to Riddle?" Blaise asks as Mattheo comes into view, sitting with Draco and Theo.

I shake my head no and Blaise places a hand on my back as we push through a small group of Slytherins. Enzo makes two Slytherins move from our seats and Blaise removes his hand from my back as I sit down across from Theo and Matthew with Blaise and Enzo on either side of me.

"Hey Black," Mattheo mumbles with a small smile that shocks me.

Enzo starts to fill my plate as I stare at Riddle, trying to figure out if that was a genuine hello or a taunting one.

I take in a deep breath and give him a nod. "How's the nose?" I ask slowly, not sure if this could make or break our dinner.

He snorts and all the boys stiffen, watching us in case anything breaks out between us.

"It's healed," he says, pushing food around his plate. "I almost felt bad for Cormac. You have one hell of a good arm."

"So, I've been told," I croon with a small smile, looking down at the table.

"Remind me to never piss you off," Blaise laughs and then holds out a fork to me. "Now that you're back with us, you are gonna start eating more."

I look down at my plate full of food and then up at him. "I'm not hungry."

Enzo grabs my shoulder and faces me with his pleading eyes. "Please, Tina. You have gotten skinny, way too skinny."

He starts to give me puppy eyes and I sigh, grabbing the fork from Blaise and taking a small bite of a carrot as they share happy smiles.

"Good evening, children," Dumbledore announces from the dais, and we all stop talking, giving our attention to him. "Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking care of Magical Creatures, while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Umbridge. I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor's good luck. As usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you-" Dumbledore stops talking as a lady in all pink clears her throat loudly and stands up, walking towards where Dumbledore stands.

"She's going to be a pain in our ass this year," Theo whispers and we all nod our heads agreeing.

"Thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. How lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends," Umbridge says with a smile that looks forced.

"What's the bet that I'll get kicked out of her class?" Blaise whispers and I actually snort, turning their heads to me with shocked faces.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress much be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited," She finishes and walks back to her seat.

Dumbledore claps effortlessly. "Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating. Now, finish up dinner and head back to your common rooms."

"Right," I say and stand up with other Slytherins. "I'll meet you back in the common room."

"I'll come with you," Draco says while also standing up. "I have something for you anyway."

I hesitate but nod my head and he jumps over the table casually, linking his arm with mine and we wave bye to the boys as we walk out of the Great Hall.

Neither of us say a word and I don't stop him as he pulls me toward the Black Lake. My heart stumbles in my chest as I look toward the trees where Cedric surprised me with our first date.

"My father would kill me if he knew about this," Draco says quietly, stopping us at the edge of the lake. "But over the break, I saw Rita, that writer," I watch him closely as he pulls something out of his pocket. "I got this for you."

He hands me a photograph and I cover my mouth as tears fill my eyes. It's a moving photograph of Cedric lifting me up and spinning me around after we completed the second task.

"I'm sorry if it's too much," Draco rambles as tears start to run down my face. "I don't know how to comfort others, like at all."

I shake my head and smile up at him. "Thank you," I breathe and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling us into a hug. "This means more to me than you know."

He hugs me back and I continue to smile, even while looking over at the picnic spot. Cedric would want me to be happy. He wouldn't want me to be suffering like I've allowed myself to.