4

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

The class starts talking among themselves as I sit down next to Enzo and then I notice how the Patil twins at the front make a paper bird fly around the classroom causing everyone to have fun with it. Seamus hits it, and it flies over my head causing me to softly smile.

It continues to fly around the room, going behind Mattheo and Blaise that are on the other side of me, and then Goyle, sitting with Draco, hits it with his slingshot causing everyone to groan and even some to laugh. Suddenly the paper bird catches on fire and turns into ash on the twin's desk making the whole classroom go silent.

"Good morning, children," I turn around to face the back of the room along with the whole class and notice Professor Umbridge dressed in all pink, like last night.

She walks down beside Enzo and towards the front of the class. "Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations," I watch as she points her wand at the words on the chalkboard. "O-W-L's. More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded but fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe," She points her wand to the stack of books behind her and the books start floating between students and being put down on the desk in front of us. "Your previous instructions in this subject has been disturbingly uneven," I pick up the book and read the title, 'Dark Arts Defence. Basics For Beginners'.

"But you'll be pleased to know from now on, you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic," Umbridge concludes, and I notice Hermione put her hand up looking annoyed. "Yes?"

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells," Monie states and I share a look with Enzo. I thought this class was for us to learn about defensive spells.

"Using spells?" Umbridge chuckles causing my hair on my neck to stand up. Something about this old lady isn't right. "Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom," Blaise sighs from behind us while Theo drops his head on his desk.

"We're not going to use magic?" I turn my attention to Ron who looks confused like the rest of the class.

"You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

"Well, what use is that? If we're going to be attacked, it won't be risk-free," Harry speaks up and the whole class focuses on him.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class," Umbridge says.

I quickly turn around to Blaise. "I might try to get kicked out of this class."

He quietly laughs and I turn around to see Umbridge staring right at me.

"Do not turn around and talk to him," she warns me, and then her eyes travel to the Hufflepuff scarf around my neck. "And take that off. You are not in Hufflepuff."

Enzo's knuckles turn white around his book and the whole class goes silent as I slowly take off the scarf, placing it in my lap while staring right back at her.