12

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

The reflection of a snake is shown on the walls of a dark corridor as it moves. "Voldemort may be after something. Something he didn't have last time." The voice of Arthur Weasley can be heard talking. The snake keeps moving towards a bright light that is being cast by someone in a room full of shelves. Flashes of images can be seen. A hand. A globe. "Valentina." A new voice. Arthur Weasley has his back turned as he walks away but suddenly stops to turn around. Pain can be heard in his voice as he's being attacked. Over and over again.

I sit up panicking, trying to breathe, as sweat covers my body. That wasn't a dream, that was something else. I could feel everything as if I was there, as if I was controlling the snake. Something isn't right I need to see Ron.

I quickly put on my shoes and shakily open the door. I rush out of the common room and up the stairs to the Great Hall and then I turn the corner to the Gryffindor common room and suddenly feel myself falling backward as I run into someone.

"Miss Black? What are you doing out here this late? And out of your common room, may I add," I look up and see Professor McGonagall with a freaked-out Harry and Ron behind her.

I stand up and look at Ron stressfully. "Your father. Something has happened to him, Ron."

He looks at me shocked as does Professor McGonagall. "You need to come with us, now."

Ron grabs my arm as she takes us to Dumbledore's office where Fred, George, and Ginny are already waiting.

Ron rushes over to his siblings as Harry and myself stand with Professor McGonagall. "Dumbledore. Harry claims he had a dream that shows Arthur Weasley in great danger, and Valentina claims she had the same dream as Harry."

We watch as he doesn't look at us. Instead continues to keep his back turned away from us. "In this dream, were you standing next to the victim, or looking down at the scene?"

I look at Harry as he looks at Dumbledore confused. "Neither. It was like I-" We both look at each other and face back to Dumbledore. "Will you please just tell us what is happening?"

Dumbledore ignores Harry and walks towards a painting. "Everard, Arthurs on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people."

"Sir please-" I get cut off by Dumbledore as he starts talking to another painting. I can feel myself getting angry. Why won't he answer us?

"Phineas. You must go to your portrait at Gimmauld Place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured, and his children will be arriving there soon by Portkey."

I look at Harry with tears in my eyes as I feel the anxiety and fear from before, creeping on me from what my father wrote in his letter.

"They've got him, Albus. It was close, but they think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it."

Harry looks at me and notices the fear on my face.

"Oh, thank goodness. Next, we need to-"

"Look at me!" I slightly jump at the sudden tone in Harry's voice. Dumbledore turns around, finally looking at me and then at Harry. "What's happening to me, and to Valentina?" Dumbledore once again ignores us, looking behind us.

"You wished to see me, headmaster?" I turn around and see Professor Snape standing behind Harry, looking confused and tired.

"Oh, Severus. I'm afraid we can't wait. Not even till the morning. Otherwise, we'll all be vulnerable," Dumbledore walks to Professor Snape, whispering something to him before walking towards the Weasleys and talking to them.

"Come with me," Professor Snape grabs both of us and pulls us down a flight of stairs, rather aggressively.

We walk into the potions classroom where he tells us to sit down. "It appears there's a connection between the Dark Lord's mind and your own. Whether he is, as yet, aware of this connection is, for the moment, unclear. Pray he remains ignorant."

We watch as he pulls out tools and potions. "You mean, if he knows about it, then he'll be able to read our minds?" I look at Harry skeptically.

"Read it, control it, unhinge it," he turns around and faces us, with no expression. "In the past, it was often the Dark Lords' pleasure to invade the minds of his victims, creating visions designed to torture them into madness. Only after extracting the last exquisite ounce of agony, only when he had them literally begging for death, would he finally, kill them." I look around the room trying to ignore them both. "Used properly, the power of Occlumency will help shield you from access or influence. In these lessons, I will attempt to penetrate your mind. You will attempt to resist. Prepare yourself."

I look at Professor Snape and shake my head. "This is crazy. You can't-" He shouts a spell and I feel my head start to burn, as if a wet blanket is covering my nose and mouth.

Memories start to flash before me. My mother and sister were on the floor, covered in blood. Seeing Cedric lifeless on the ground after he died. Seeing my father for the first time in my life. Meeting Enzo for the first time. Having my first cigarette with Mattheo. Sitting under a tree with my sister as my mother reads us a story. These are all memories from my past.

A man in a hooded robe walks past me through Hogsmeade, his skin pale while his eyes hold hunger. I've never seen this man before now. The pain stops suddenly, and I open my eyes, trying to steady my breathing.

"You were simpler than I thought, Black," Snape says and I finally steady my breathing as I look at him. Did he see all my memories? "Your turn, Potter. Legilimens!" I watch as Harry groans in pain, holding onto the chair as if his life depends on it. "Concentrate Potter. Focus." He continues, as I watch Harry be put through agony, most likely feeling the same as I did.

"That's enough!" I shout and stand up, rushing towards the older man.

He looks down at me before pointing to the door. "Leave Black. Leave now or I'll expel you myself."

I give him a dirty look and turn to Harry who nods his head at me. "I'm fine Tina, you need to leave. Go get some sleep."

I look at him and back to Professor Snape. "Don't hurt him too much."

I give Harry a small smile and walk away, making sure to slam the door on my way out.