5

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I put on my black leather jacket over my red dress for the party tonight. Enzo and Blaise have both tried to bribe me out of going to this party because apparently drinking isn't something I need in my life right now. But it's a party being thrown by Hufflepuff, so I'm going. Plus, I already had a joint so I might as well enjoy this.

I open my door and walk out of my room, looking down at my dress as I turn the corner. Suddenly, I feel myself run into something hard making me stumble back and prepare to land on my ass, but instead, I feel someone grab my waist and pull me into them, saving me from the fall.

"Black?" I look up and see Mattheo is the one I ran into. "You look-" he doesn't continue his sentence and suddenly I feel insecure.

"Like an idiot?" I put my head down. "I'm going to go change," I try to step backward out of his grasp, but this only causes him to tighten his grip on my waist.

"No," he says so lowly, I barely heard him. "You look good," I look up at him not knowing what to say. I've never seen him look at me like this before.

I slowly look him up and down. He's dressed himself in black jeans with a white t-shirt and a black zip-up jacket on.

"You don't look too bad yourself Riddle," I say softly, and he gives me a smirk making me roll my eyes. "Your smirk won't work on me."

He shakes his head and then leans down to my ear, with his lips so close to my skin. I feel his breath hit my neck and something at the bottom of my stomach grows. Maybe I really do need to stop smoking.

"It will work one day," His nose touches my jaw as he pulls away and I have to make myself blink to pull my head back to reality.

"Tina, is that you?" At the sound of Enzo's voice, we both step away.

"You look handsome Enz. Which girl are you hoping for tonight?" I ask him as he stops beside Mattheo, dressed in black jeans with a simple black hoodie on but his hair is styled back for once.

He gives me a smile which instantly drops as he takes a step closer to me. "Are you high again?"

Mattheo snaps his attention to me, and I groan walking past them both. "Get used to it, boys."

"What does he mean 'again'?" Mattheo says following close behind me with Enzo. "When else have you been high, Valentina?"

I stop and whirl around, pointing my finger at him as they both stop. "Don't talk to me like you're my father, Riddle," I growl making Enzo step back. "And it doesn't matter when or where I choose to get high."

"You aren't going tonight," he says and crosses his arms over his chest. "You need to stop abusing yourself with drugs."

I chuckle and turn around walking toward the door. "Watch me."

"I've been where you are, Tina," Mattheo calls out as I walk out the door, hearing him and Enzo following me still. "I used to smoke more than you and it didn't help me at all."

"Piss off, Riddle," I snap, ignoring the other Slytherins walking toward the Hufflepuff common room. "Fix your own life before trying to fix me."

I turn down another hallway and smile as I spot Draco, Blaise, and Theo leaning against a wall, obviously waiting for us.

"You look hot, Tina," Theo says and both Blaise and Draco look at me as I stop in front of them and then they both slap Theo on the back of the head.

"Back off my cousin," Draco warns as I snort at them.

Theo rubs the back of his head, mumbling something under his breath that earns him another slap from Blaise.

"I'm getting in a fight for sure tonight," Blaise says as Mattheo and Enzo finally join us.

I laugh at him and place a hand on my hip. "I'm pretty sure I can handle myself."

Theo smirks and nods his head. "I know something else you can handle."

"Nott!" The boys yell at him and I laugh again. Leave it to Theo to be the biggest flirt.

Draco grabs Theo's arm, pulling him away. "We'll meet you there," he says over his shoulder to us.

"Why don't you two just come with us now?" I ask him as Blaise throws an arm over my shoulder.

"Because I need to set some rules with Nott," he says as Theo groans and they turn down a corner.

Blaise laughs and we start walking toward the Hufflepuff common room with Mattheo and Enzo. I smile at a group of Ravenclaw girls as we walk closer to the common room.

A group of guys from Gryffindor in Fred and George's year look me up and down as we stop behind them at the door. One of them whistles and I can make out his sharp facial features and dark brown hair from the soft light around us. "Damn, you look hot."

I open my mouth to respond but get cut off by Blaise. "Whistle at her like a dog again, Towler, and I'll knock you out."

The group of guys look at Blaise and then Mattheo and Enzo behind me, visibly paling at the realization of who I am and who my friends are before turning around and practically fighting each other to get inside.

"Really?" I groan and look up at Blaise. "He was being nice."

Blaise shakes his head, and we walk into the common room filled with a few familiar faces and a bunch of students I don't recognize. A few guys look me up and down but then turn away, probably because of the glares Blaise and Mattheo sends them all. We walk into a room, and I grab a drink as Blaise moves his arm off my shoulder.

I feel my favorite burning sensation down my throat as I finish my drink and grab another one as Monie walks into the room, smiling at me. She nods at the boys and then grabs my hand, dragging me back to where the music is loudest and there are other students dancing. I take another mouthful of my drink and smile at Monie as we dance together, letting the rhythm of the music dance in my body. Monie wraps her arms around my waist, pulling us together as we giggle.

"I'm getting another drink," Monie shouts over the music and I give her a thumbs up before she turns around and leaves me.

I continue to dance on my own as the alcohol takes full effect.

Someone grabs my hand and twirls me around to face them. I smile as I realize it's Adrian Pucey, a Slytherin in the year above me that I've only spoken to once since arriving at Hogwarts. He places both his hands on my hips, and I wrap my arms around his neck. This is a distraction I've needed over the break and right now.

We dance in sync while smiling and ignoring everyone else. He pulls me closer, and our faces are inches away from each other, but before anything else can happen, he pulls away and grabs my hand. He starts to pull me towards the door, and I stop in my tracks making him turn around.

"Where are we going?" I ask him as I see Theo and Blaise heading toward us.

"Back to my room. Are you okay with that?" He asks and rubs his thumb against my hand.

I look at Blaise and Theo again, before looking back at Adrian with a small smile. "Hurry up before my boys drag you away."

He smirks and starts to pull me toward the door again as I wave bye to Theo and Blaise who both look at me shocked.

"Don't you dare, Black!" Theo calls out as they start to push people out of the way.

"I love you two!" I shout back as we hurry out the door.

Giggling, I face forward again and squeeze Adrian's hand as Blaise and Theo call after me.

"Start running," I exclaim while laughing and Adrian starts to laugh as well while he holds my hand tighter and we run toward our common room.