Chase's Pain pt. 3

Another month later

Chase had just gotten out of the shower and while he was looking in the mirror to comb out his hair, he noticed that there was a mass in the middle of his stomach from the tumor. He also took notice at how much weight he was losing and could see his rib cage. He ran his hand over them, not noticing Logan in the background. He could see how un-well Chase looked and it hurt him to see that his best friend was this sick. Then, Logan could see the mass too.

"Chase, what is that?"

Logan asked as he walked over to him. Chase jumped at Logan startling him.

"I guess it's from the tumor, man."

Chase said, wrapping his towel higher around him to cover the mass and his visible ribs.

"Please don't tell Zoey about that. She's already worried enough about me."

Chase pleaded.

"Rightfully so..."

"Yeah, well... just please don't?"

Logan sighed as he let his eyes roll to the back of his head and forward again.

"Fine. But she's gonna see it eventually, dude."

"I'll wear baggy shirts and hoodies."

Chase remarked.

"Dude, you shouldn't hide that from her. She has every right to be scared, we all do. I won't tell her, but you should."

Logan said as he left the shower room. Chase gave it more thought and came to the realization that Logan was right, but he wanted another opinion.

-

"Hey, Michael. I need your opinion on something."

Chase said as he walked back into his dorm room with his towel wrapped around him.

"What's up?"

"So, I was combing out my hair and I noticed this."

He flipped down the towel to reveal the mass in his stomach.

"Logan says I should tell Zoey about it, but she's already worried about me enough. What do you think?"

Michael's jaw dropped at the sight of a mass on Chase's stomach, but he definitely agreed with Logan.

"Dude, you need to show her, and wow at the weight you've lost, dude."

"Yeah, I know."

Chase said as he went over to his bed to put on some clothes. He looked for a baggy shirt, but they were all pretty much baggy now that he had lost so much weight.

-

Zoey had come to the boys' dorm room upon Chase's request so he could tell her his discovery.

"Hey, babe."

Zoey said, greeting her boyfriend with a kiss to his lips.

"Hey, baby. So... I have something to show you..."

"Okay, what is it?"

Chase stood from his bed and lifted his shirt to once again, reveal the mass in his stomach. Zoey's hand went to her mouth in shock. Chase noticed tears beginning to well up in her eyes, and he puts his shirt back down and quickly took Zoey into his arms.

"Dammit, that's why I didn't wanna show you."

"You weren't gonna show me that?"

Zoey asked, starting to sound mad.