Chase's Pain pt. 4

Three weeks later

Logan and Chase sat together in Math class and listened to their teacher explain stuff they clearly didn't understand or care about. Logan would look over at Chase every few minutes to make sure he didn't look off or ready to puke. So far he was having an okay day, but the hungry growls coming from Chase's stomach worried Logan. He was basically malnourished at this point and Chase was hungry, but he was always scared he'd just throw it back up.

"Dude, you've gotta eat something today, Chase."

Logan told him, tired of hearing his stomach. Chase looked over at him and gave a lazy nod.

"I mean an actual meal too. You're eating lunch today."

"Okay, dad."

Chase said sarcastically. He knew Logan was just trying to look out for him, but he didn't like being nagged. From Zoey it was one thing, but from anyone else, it annoyed him.

"Chase, I'm just trying to watch out for you, man. You're sick and need to eat. You know Zoey is gonna try to make you eat anyway."

"I know, Logan."

-

After lunch, the whole gang was in the guys' dorm room. Chase was able to eat a whole hot dog, but now he was feeling sick. He layed with Zoey on his bed while the other four played video games. Logan and Michael were playing against each other and their girlfriends were rooting for their boy to win. Chase wasn't bothered at all by the yelling coming from them. He was just wanting to be with his girlfriend, getting cuddles and attention from her. Zoey was always happy to give him that and more. Chase was curled into himself against Zoey as he hugged his stomach, Zoey spooning him from behind. She knew Chase felt horrible and was trying his best not to get sick, but his stomach was protesting pretty fiercely.

"Chase."

"Hmm?"

"Maybe your stomach would feel better if you just let it happen."

Zoey suggested. She knew Chase hated the act of throwing up, but at this point, he was just putting strain on his stomach.

"Wanted to keep my lunch down for once."

Chase told her, rubbing his bloated belly. Suddenly, Chase found himself with his head in the trash bin, throwing up his lunch. Zoey rubbed his back as always and tried to comfort him. A few minutes passed and Chase felt absolutely awful, even after throwing up. Zoey saw that Chase was looking really pale and it scared her. He squeezed his eyes shut as he winced at how much pain he was in and rolled back over towards Zoey, almost in tears and sweating.

"Chase, you're burning up!"

Zoey said, tears beginning to stream down her face in fear.

"It hurts, Zo..."

Was all Chase could mutter out.

"Okay, I think it's time to go to the hospital."

Zoey said as she jumped out of the bottom bunk and helped Chase to his feet. The rest of the gang was concerned about Chase and helped Zoey with him.

-

Zoey, Logan, Quinn, Michael and Lola were made to wait in the waiting room. Zoey was in tears, fearing the worst. Michael walked over to her and sat beside her.

"Zo, Chase is gonna be okay."

Michael said, trying to comfort her.

"What if he's not? Those stupid doctors never called him back to set up any check up appointments or to update him on treatment. He's been suffering."