Chapter Two

That voice caught me out of nowhere as I instantly hold my breath before slowly turning around, and looking straight into those green eyes.

"Uh, your majesty."

"Answer me."

His voice is cold as he steps up slowly to me with a torch in his hand. 

"I, uh, I wanted some fresh air."

"Or to escape."

He adds on as I gulp and try not to look him in the eyes.

"N-no, I wouldn't-"

"I don't know what my Mother sees in you, but I don't like strangers roaming around in my home. Especially ones like you."

I furrow my brow at his words as I absentmindedly look up into his gaze.

"Ones like me?"

He narrows his gaze onto me. 

"Do you not know that you are not to look me in the eyes?"

I quickly avert my gaze, even though the anger of his choice of words are still boiling up inside of  me. 

"I'm sorry."

I say through gritted teeth. 

"If it were up to me, your head would not be attached to your body in the early morning hours."

Biting my jaw, I try not to speak back. I do not want any more trouble, I just want to get out of here. 

"I don't want to be a gift."

The words flow out of my mouth as I couldn't even stop them beforehand.

"What?"

He questions, his tone still the same. 

"Your brother... I don't want to be a gift for his birthday."

He's silent for a while, as I notice his hand fisting on the side of his robe.

"Go up to your room."

"But-"

"Hans, take her up."

He speaks up to someone behind me as I notice that it is the guard that must have fallen asleep as he angrily looks over at me and takes me by the forearm. 

"Let's go."

"No, but... Please, please! Let me go!"

I beg to both him and the guard, but none of them budge as his Majesty just makes his way out of the hallway and disappears into the night. The guard shoves me into my room as I almost fall to the ground. 

"You could have gotten me into some serious trouble, Miss!"

The guard points his finger to me as I gulp at his words.

"Sorry... I just don't want to be here."

"Be lucky that you're not dead."

The guard with the mask on half of his face speaks up before he shuts the door and walks out. 

It was all too much for me to take, I feel as though I am being forced into so many things that I have ran away from.

Hot tears fall from my eyes as I just couldn't hold it in any longer.

I need to escape.

I just need to...

-----------------------------

"Miss, miss!"

I feel someone tapping my shoulder as I groan before looking up at who is awakening me.