Chapter Four

I'd be lying if I said that being the servant to one of the most empowered people in the palace is thrilling.

Honestly, it's been quite tiring to say the least.

He had barely even spoken to me, or been in my presence majority of the time.

All he did was give me a set list of things that I had to do in order to make sure that I am always busy.

I never actually knew what he did while he was away and I hadn't asked anyone either.

The only reason is because I didn't want it to seem as though I am too curious about his majesty. People around here take it as a suspicious act and your head might get chopped off.

"Seems like my brother is doing everything in his power for you not to be in my courts."

I turn around after washing out white robes for the majesty, only to find Ikol stood behind me.

He had given me a fright, which in turn had cast a small smirk on his face to my reaction.

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry. I didn't expect that you'd be here."

"My intention was not to scare you..." He bends down beside me as he watches what I was doing. "I'm just curious as to why you accepted his offer."

His hazel eyes are on me as I swallow before continuing what I am doing.

"I don't know... I need to find a way to support myself and my family."

"Where do they live?"

He asks in turn; to be honest, it is a question I did not expect from the young prince.

"Off of this land, but I intend to see them soon."

"How long has it been?"

I look over into his eyes once more as he still has an amused look in them.

Gosh, he is awfully close to me.

"A few years now."

His brows slightly raises at my response to his question. 

Only but wondering if he is actually asking me these questions out of pure curiosity, or for some other unknown reasoning. 

"Hm... You must miss them."

I nod my head at him before looking down at the clothes in the soapy waters.

"I do."

 A knot forms in my throat as I try not to become emotional around Ikol. 

My family pulls on strings in my heart that reaches immediately for tears, and I do not want to appear weak - especially not in front of Ikol.

"Poor girl."

He brushes the lock of hair in front of my face to the back of my ear as his touch gave me chills, but only because I had not been touched by a man like this in quite a while.

There was no tingling sensations, neither excitement - just pure surprise at his actions - although I should be a bit worried as to why he is doing this. 

"Ikol."

I hear a deep voice coming from behind as Ikol and I both turn towards the figure stood before us. 

Pisces.

His look is disheveled and his breathing rugged.

He looks as though he had finished some sort of physical sport.

"Ah, brother." Ikol stood up to his feet as I avert my gaze back towards my duties. "To what do we owe the visit? Afraid that I might steal away your 'toy'?"