Chapter Eight

Pisces has been in his room for two days straight now.

He had barely come out to even give me any chores to do, I wonder if he had even eaten anything.

It's strange because he barely leaves me with nothing to do.

Yes, I don't mind it, but still.... is he upset over what had happened?

Is he planning on removing me from my position in the palace as his servant?

Is he planning to get someone else in my place because of what happened last night with Ikol and Herkles?

All of these thoughts starts to run through my mind as I think on it.

What if this is my last day in the palace? What do I do then?

My thoughts run wild and I can't seem to sit still as I am stuck in my room and pacing the floor.

I couldn't resist the urge anymore - I had to find a way to get inside of the room where Pisces is in.

But how?

The guard will never let me enter without the say so of Pisces himself.

How do I distract him?

I think on it until I eventually have a plan in mind as I make my way out of the room and up to the place where Pisces is supposed to be in.

"Gideon!" I call out in a frantic mode as he looks over at me in alert with his eyes wide. "One of the guards is being attacked outside of the palace! They need assistance!"

"What? There are enough guards to help, I can't leave my post."

"But you're the strongest out of all of them!" I had to push for it more as he seems to perk up a bit more at my choice of words. "And it's not just one person attacking them, they need your help, please!"

He looks torn as he looks from the door to the hallway before finally making up his mind.

"Make sure that no one enters inside, you understand?"

"Yes, please, hurry!"

He runs down the hallway, and I wait until I can't see him any longer before finally make my way inside.

When I got in, I peaked into the room and didn't see Pisces anywhere.

That's strange.

I looked around the room that I had become used to as I noticed that his bed had not been made up and his scrolls were lying all over the desk and floor.

He looks like he's been going crazy and this isn't usually how it is in here.

"Pisces?"

I call out ever so silently as I finally make it to the bathroom, and I notice him staring out the window with a bottle in his hand.

He turns around slightly when he hears my voice.

I notice he is half-naked with only a white pant on and no shirt.

His hair is a mess on his head, but it doesn't take away from his strong features as some of it drapes in his face.

Those dark eyes finally lands onto me, ever so tiredly and barely there as he slightly turns my way and winces.

I didn't even notice that he had a cloth on the side of his waist that is red only because of the blood that has drenched it.

"What happened?"

Taking a few steps closer to him, he seems to be a little unsteady due to the alcohol that he has been drinking on.

And I'm sure it is affecting him as I have seen people who barely ate and got twice as much affected by the side effects of alcohol.