Chapter Three

"What? Her?"

I hear some of the other girls mumbling under their breath, but loud enough for me to hear the disgust in their voice. 

The young Prince gives me a smirk before walking away and his Mother smiles with pride at me. 

"She's a special kind, I'm sure you'd enjoy her presence."

"She's not even from a prestige family!"

One of the girls' Fathers let out.

"There weren't any specifics needed to be chosen by the young Prince. It's whatever he fancies. Whether elite or not."

Her Highness spits back to the guy who spoke up as he is clearly upset.

"I'd gladly give it away to your daughter if you want-"

"No."

Her Highness calls out in a harsh tone at me as I hadn't seen her look so upset as she does right now. 

"Do not offend the young Prince of his choice." I gulp at her words as worry plays over my face. "Sariyan." Her Highness calls out to the servant. "Your family will be very happy with your work."

Sariyan smiles brightly at Her Highness as she bows down before her eyes lands onto me and I notice the flash of guilt on her face.

"The King of Glades is right."

Someone speaks up as I notice that it is his Majesty himself who steps up out of the shadows.

"Pisces, please-"

Her Highness tries to get him to stop talking, but he doesn't.

"She clearly doesn't belong among us, you got her off of the street and that is where she needs to stay."

His words almost felt like a dagger to the heart at the choice of words he always uses. 

Does he really hate me that much?

Regardless of his Majestys feelings towards me, they're all right. I shouldn't be here. What am I even doing?

"Stop. You do not have a say in who I choose, Pisces."

The young Prince challenges his Majesty himself as they glare at one another.

"You clearly do not have any taste, Ikol."

And with that, his Majesty walks out of the hallway as everyone else mumbles under their breath at the interaction. 

"Nevermind him, he had a long day. Ikol, please take your gift and enjoy your celebrations."

Young Prince Ikol nods at his Mother as he proudly walks up to me and stretches out his hand for me to take as my eyes falls onto her Highness as she encourages me to do so. 

I take his warm hand as we make our way out of the hallway. 

"I have to say, nevermind what my brother says, you're absolutely gorgeous."

I didn't know how to feel about his choice of words.

"Oh, uh, no. It's just the make up and clothing."

I try to make myself not as appealing to him as I don't even thank him for his compliment.

"Nonsense. I can tell you're a natural beauty, as we shall soon see."

I look up to him as he has a smile on his face before stopping at a massive door and two guards who opens it up to us. 

It's absolutely beautiful inside as there are lovely candles all around and a sweet scent in the air. He has a window wide open that leads out to the balcony as the full moon shines through into the room. It is the only form of light.