Author's Note

Hello!!!!

I am SO excited to start this new book. I had so much fun writing the "Just For" series, and I can't believe I'm finished with it. I have so many ideas for this book and ones to come next.

If you're new here, welcome to my books!! I'm so happy you've decided to give my writing a chance and I hope you like it.

This book combines contemporary enemies to lovers, hockey, and a bit of mystery. There's also gonna be a LOT of sibling and family angst, which is some of my favorite to write. I've always wanted to write a hockey romance and I'm so excited about this one!

I got a lot of inspo for this book from Sirius and Regulus Black from the Marauders fandom. So, if you like that sort of thing, you'll love this book.

●・○・♥︎・○・●

Few things before we get started!

1: First thing's first, remember to be kind. I put a lot of hard work into this book, and while I will, of course, accept constructive criticism, I don't tolerate any hate. If you don't like my book- that's fine! Everyone has their own tastes, and if this isn't yours, just delete it from your library, no hard feelings.

I want to point out that Tatum is not a perfect character! She is incredibly outspoken, hot-headed, and ambitious. I personally love her, but she's not a character who will always say or do the right thing. She's doing her best and has a good heart, but what's the fun in reading a Mary Sue? Brady is also extremely not perfect. Brady and Tatum are definitely grumpy x grumpy, and I love them for it.

This book is filled with incredibly flawed and complicated characters. That's something I really enjoy in fiction, but if that's not for you, that's fine! You don't even need to announce that you're gonna stop reading- I know, crazy, right? But this isn't an airport and you don't need to announce your departure, just silently stop reading if you don't like it.

So, overall, just be kind!

2: Don't promote yourself or your story on my book. It's just really rude. While I love supporting other authors, I worked hard to get where I am and I don't appreciate people trying to benefit off me. So, just don't post things like "Check out this book on my profile!" because that's rude.

3: Please comment and vote!!!! You're reading this entire book for completely free, it costs nothing to comment let me know which parts you like!!

4: Don't steal my book. This feels like a given, but as someone with an Instagram account that has had people repeatedly stealing my edits, I wanna make this clear. You cannot repost my story on any platform or use my characters without my permission. I worked really hard on this, don't steal my work.

5: Just gonna reiterate to be kind- and hey, that goes for all the time, not just when reading my book!

6: And finally, thank you so much for choosing to take a chance on my book. I really hope you connect with Tatum and Brady's story, and that you enjoy.

●・○・♥︎・○・●

And, cue shameless plug, feel free to follow my social media!

Personal Instagrams:
melaniegaleaz
uhbucky

Book Instagram:
melaniegaleazbooks

TikTok:
melaniegaleaz

One final plug... my book "Just for Tonight" is getting published by W by Wattpad in 2024! I'll be posting updates on my profile here and on my social media. Make sure to keep an eye out!

●・○・♥︎・○・●

And then some fun questions! I love getting to know who's reading my stories!

1: What's your age? (I'm 23)

2: Where are you from? Drop your flag! (I'm from 🇺🇸)

3: What's your favorite TV show or movie? (I have too many to count but Stranger Things, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Agents of SHIELD, and Heartstopper)

4: What's your favorite trope? (Mine is probably enemies to lovers? But also fake dating? And also grumpy sunshine? I'm not exactly a decisive person)

5: And finally, say whatever you want here!! A fun fact about yourself or maybe a random thought in your head, or even how you're doing!! (Mine is that I've gotten alarmingly into Love Island recently. Oh omg also that apparently you say "break a leg" because you want them to get into the cast, who knew??)

6: How did you find this book? I'm dying to see how people come across it!! (Example: TikTok, Reading List, Tag, my other books, etc)

●・○・♥︎・○・●

That's all from me! Can't even wait to get into this story. Hope you all enjoy!!!! If you read all of this, thank you!! Happy reading!

Melanie :)