Fifteen: (Don't) Save the Date!

Don't look at me like that. I know it's not Saturday. I know I've updated several times this week. But all I wanna do is post this story constantly, okay?

Kinda random but this is one of my favorite chapters. Hope you enjoy!!

Remember to comment and vote!

●・○・♥︎・○・●

Tatum blinked at the mirror.

The person in the mirror blinked back.

Huh, that's me, she thought to herself.

Tatum felt beautiful.

Truly, undeniably, beautiful.

Tatum had had her fair share of insecurities throughout her life. Though she worked through them, she was still hyper aware of her body and her appearance. It wasn't often that she felt truly just beautiful.

But she did tonight.

Her dark hair fell in soft curls, a bit of shine glimmering in the light. Her makeup looked like it was part of her skin, seamlessly blending with her face. Her outfit complimented her curves and her complexion. Everything just worked. She never felt like this— so right in her own skin.

Tatum sucked in sharply as she tipped her head back, dizzy with the feeling. Tears shone in her eyes and she tried to blink them away.

Her phone rang and she glanced down, seeing her Mom's contact light up her screen. She slid her finger across the screen, tapping the button to put it on speaker. "Hey, Mom."

"Send me a picture of your outfit!" Eliza ordered first thing, her voice full of excitement.

Tatum laughed, nodding as she stood up to face her full-body length mirror. She snapped a quick picture, sending it to her mother. "All right, all right. I just sent it."

"Oh, honey," her Mom said after a beat, sounding utterly in awe. "You look so beautiful."

"Thanks, Mom," she accepted with a smile, taking another glance at herself in the mirror.

"How are you feeling? You excited?"

"Nervous," Tatum corrected as she rubbed her hands against her jeans. "I don't even know this guy. I can't believe I'm going on a date with him."

"Oh, it'll be fun," Eliza hastily told her. "And if it isn't, hopefully it's a free meal."

"True," she agreed with a chuckle. Her mind was still stuck on how strange Brady acted when she told him, though. She told her Mom as much, explaining, "It was odd, though. I told Brady and he got all... weird. I figured he'd be happy. I'm doing something fun."

"Tatum," Eliza said simply in a deadpan tone.

She squinted in confusion, asking, "What?"

"Hon, he likes you," her mother commented, the smile clear in her voice.

"I mean, he tolerates me," Tatum went on with an idle shrug. "Kinda has to, at this point."

"No, he likes you," she stressed slowly. "He got weird when someone asked you out because he likes you."

Tatum let out an incredulous laugh. "Brady cannot stand me."

"Okay," Eliza said in that tone that made it clear she disagreed.

"Don't say it like that," Tatum pleaded.

"Like what?"

"Like you know something I don't."