Seventeen: The One Bed Trope

I looooved writing this chapter! So much fun to write. This one is for my sister who begged me to add the one bed trope into this book. Who am I to deny her?

Yes, decided to post the extra chapter today. Hope you all enjoy!

Remember to comment and vote pls :)

●・○・♥︎・○・●

When Tatum woke up that morning, she didn't expect to end the day in Brady's bed.

It wasn't intentional.

Really, it wasn't.

It started when she decided she was going to the away game. The hockey game was at another school this week. Originally, Tatum wasn't entirely sure if was going to go. But when Brady's knee started acting up when she was feeling the muscles around his kneecap, she knew that it would be risky for her not to go. If he got hurt and she wasn't there to help... it just wouldn't sit right with her. Not at this point.

The game was in Massachusetts. The team at the university was notoriously good. Really good. It was a couple of hours away, though. Tatum didn't have a car, and so her only way to get to the game would be to tag along on the bus with the team. It wasn't ideal, exactly. She didn't ever want to see the inside of that bus, if she was being honest. But she didn't want Brady to get hurt and not have her there. He was only just starting to let her help him. It wouldn't be likely that he would accept anyone else's help.

So, there Tatum stood... staring at the bus, contemplating everything.

She tentatively headed towards the open doors, her duffel bag slung over her shoulder. She braced herself for what she might witness in there. It was likely as pleasant as the boy's locker room. Loud. Messy. Dirty. Heading up the stairs of the bus, Tatum sucked in a deep breath and held it nervously. She stood at the front of the aisle, eyes taking in every detail.

It was... clean?

But it was anything but quiet.

The guys on the team were howling with excitement, yelling nonsense at each other. Tatum glanced around to try and spot Isaac, her eyes landing on him towards the back of the bus with another player. He shot her an apologetic look. She mentally cursed at him, but couldn't exactly blame him. She made the decision to come on the trip a bit last minute and only texted him a few minutes ago requesting he saved her a seat.

Naturally, there was only one seat open that wasn't next to the coach.

And that seat was next to Brady Parker.

A few weeks ago, she would've rather sit on the roof than sit next to Brady.

But that was then. This was now.

Brady nodded her over once he spot her at the front of the bus. He placed his bag under his feet, making room for her. Tatum shot him a grateful look, maneuvering through the aisles towards him. She shoved her duffel on the shelf above the seat before sitting down next to Brady.

She felt a fluttering in her chest when she realized how close they would be for the next couple of hours. Their shoulders were pressed against each other and Tatum crossed her legs to avoid those touching his as well. He gave her a loose smirk, as if able to read her mind.

Brady, like the rest of the team, was in a suit. It was custom for their school to wear suits to away games. Tatum didn't quite understand it, but she suddenly didn't care enough to question it. Brady looked... very good. His suit fit him like a glove, his jacket laying over his thigh. His tie was hung formally around his neck.