Thirty: Case Closed?

Well......... enjoy!

Please leave some comments and a vote :) it means the world to me!

●・○・♥︎・○・●

Tatum didn't expect the day would end with an arrest.

But alas, here she was.

It was the final game before Thanksgiving break.

Tatum had agreed to let Brady play during the game. He had been doing her plan with little to no complaints. Not to mention, she was able to see him move a bit more strenuously when they were in private. Hard to argue the fact that he could play hockey after seeing that. She gave her approval with the contingency that she would be able to pull him if it seemed like any of the players were targeting him.

She sat on the bench with some of the other players, eyes locked onto a certain hockey player on the ice. She watched with a smile on her face as he glided along the ice. It was incredible to watch him play, honestly. The stick seemed like an extension of his arm and he moved like he learned to skate before he learned to walk. Whenever Brady got the puck into the net, his head would dart over to Tatum. She would jump and clap giddily, cheering as loudly as she could.

Kinsley was somewhere in the stands with Jamie. That one was a surprise to her. She didn't expect the siblings to be at a place in their relationship where Kinsley would be coming to Brady's games. But when Kinsley told her she was going, Tatum was over the moon. She was thrilled that the siblings seemed to be working things out. She still didn't fully know what happened between them, but Tatum was just glad that it seemed they were mending their relationship.

The game was going better than expected. The team they were playing wasn't the best they had ever been up against, but they should have been good enough to not have been losing this badly. Luckily, none of them seemed to be going after Brady. All of the hits were clean and Brady was taking them well. He had figured out how to protect his knee the best he could while playing, and luckily it was working.

The buzzer went off again as Theo swept the puck into the net after Brady passed it to him in between one of their opponents legs. The crowd erupted into cheers, the Falcons hollering loudly as they celebrated the way that they always did. Tatum always found it amusing how they slapped each other on the back and slammed their heads together, hugging the best they could with their padding. Tatum shot up and cheered, clapping wildly. She jumped gleefully, beaming when Brady looked over at her. His lips turned up with a proud look on his face.

Theo slapped Brady on the back after the play was over, nodding at him. Tatum thought it was amusing how the two of them despised each other off the ice but seemed to have enough respect for the other that they could work together when playing hockey. The two were incredibly talented players and would more than likely both be playing hockey professionally. They didn't have much in common, but they had a shared goal.

The final buzzer went off and signaled that the clock had run out. Tatum continued to clap, watching as Brady celebrated the win briefly with his teammates. He strategically moved around the team as he skated over to her. Brady glided over to the side of the rink, walking off of the ice and onto the rubber mat. Tatum quickly made her way over to him, pride bursting through her.

Tatum jumped into Brady's arms, hugging his neck with a smile on her face. "You were amazing!"

Brady chuckled deeply as he wrapped an arm around her torso, lifting her up with ease as his other hand held his helmet. "Had a damn good cheerleader."

He placed her down and she laughed. "Cheerleader by day, doctor by night. How's the knee?"

"Fine, honestly," Brady said with a shrug. "Kinda sore, but nothing too bad."