Chapter 27

Chapter 27: True or false

"Your life is a blessing. Accept that. It doesn't matter if it's screwed or suffering. Some things will unfold as if it were destiny."
- Grey's Anatomy

The night was far from over, with Charlotte sleeping a little earlier than her usual time, Erin and Jay's conversation didn't end that late, even though it was long.

The future sergeant was happy with the conversation, he wanted clean dishes with Erin, he wanted her to trust him and let him in. Deep down, he knew what he was feeling, but he wasn't ready to admit it, not when it wasn't fair to Charlotte, not when they were going to be gone in 4 months. He wouldn't ask her to stay, that would be very selfish of him.

Both of their emotions were running high since they met again. The simple fact that they never stopped loving each other and knowing that no matter how much they made mistakes, they both forgave each other, was the main reason why they still got along so well, they still had the same feeling they had years ago, as she said, it seemed like nothing had changed between them.

It just changed.

Jay, oddly enough wasn't mad at Hailey, he doesn't think she told Erin on purpose, she's been going through a lot lately and is overwhelmed, that's why she's acting so strange, but a phrase he heard his therapist years ago was his faithful henchman "solve your problems and don't leave any loose ends", the phrase was followed by the woman's explanation and he remembered everything that was said. He can't leave loose ends, as this ends up hurting him and the people he loves, he needs to put an end to his love relationship with Hailey.

He was grateful that she responded to his message wanting to talk and saying that he could stop by her house, even though he was tired, he wanted to resolve this, he wanted to let Hailey know his thoughts and be able to sleep without this weight on his back. .

Since what happened with Hank, Hailey looked different, her whole face changed and he was very worried about her.

-Hey...-he smiles gently as he enters her apartment.

- Hi... - she says and smiles at him. - I'm so glad you came. -she approaches and hugs him tightly, showing her point. - I missed you. - She holds him tight, as if she let go she would lose him again. Jay returned the hug, but not as strong as her and when it seemed like she wouldn't let go of him he pulled away.

-Hailey...-he manages to pull her away enough to look into her eyes, but she doesn't let go, she's not ready yet.

- We can resolve the marriage quickly, we can get married at the registry office, we will only need to issue the certificate and in two days we can resolve it. -Her eyes are watery, but the sparkle is also from the excitement of being about to marry Jay.

- Hailey, we're not getting married. - without further ado he says and the way she pulls away and lets go of his arms, it was as if she had been stabbed in the stomach, she wasn't expecting it, she expected that as soon as he returned from his trip, he would return to her, they would get back together. - We don't need to get married to resolve this and I don't think a marriage should be just about not witnessing it.

-But that's not all Jay...-she quickly finds his voice. - I love you, I want to be with you forever and I know you love me too. I know I failed you, but I regret it, you need to give me a chance to make you trust me again, please. -The tears run down her face and her voice sounds almost desperate, she couldn't lose him, she couldn't. - See our marriage as a fresh start for both of us. We deserve this, we deserve to start over. It won't just be because you can't witness it, it will be for us, for everything we've faced and overcome together.