Chapter 26 - Against The World

"You know in a few minutes you're going to have to let go of me." I frowned at Axel's betrayed humor even though my eyes were closed. My arm was currently draped across his chest holding him as close as I could to my body without any intention of doing otherwise. He had woken up a few moments before me and tried to escape to the kitchen but to no avail. Even asleep nothing would allow me to let go of Axel. It wasn't my fault that I had no reason to ever want to let him go. Maybe I was a little clingy, but I damn well didn't care.

He sighed "Babe I need coffee and you'll also need coffee. By waking up and making us some, I'm doing us both a favor." I placed my head on his chest and sighed contently as if all the words which came out of his mouth were equvalient to Minion speak.

Defeated, Axel nuzzled into my neck holding me close to his body. "My little octopus. Guess you finally got your way and kept me here." I smiled into his chest without saying a single word. His hand stroked my naked back contently, dipping lower and lower until he reached the creave of my ass and my breathing hitched slightly.

The previous night had been filled with confessions and assurances. Also some mindblowing love-making also helped the mood a lot. It was baffling how much we both still wanted each other when a lot of couples at this stage were already tired in that aspect of their relationship. But we were far from tired of it. It seemed as though the more we indulged in it, the better it became for the both of us.

I wiggled slightly to make sure that his hand fell right on my ass cheek. He huffed out a laugh "I see what you're doing. Anymore sex and my dick will get stuck in you forever. Besides we're out of lube and condoms."

Now that made me sit up straddling his thighs and glaring down at him "What do you mean no lube? What kind of gay man runs out of lube?"

"Morning to you too love." Axel sarcastically replied. I huffed folding my hands across my chest while laid down lazily with his hands behind his head, smirking like the cat who just got the cream. Of course the very sight made my thighs tremble so I sighed and leaned forward kissing him very sweetly on the lips. "Good Morning my love. Did you sleep well? "
"Perfect." He muttered trying to kiss me more. I wasn't sure if he was talking about his sleep or the kiss we were currently sharing. We exchanged more sleepy kisses before I managed to get myself off his body and the bed. "I wish I didn't have to work today." Axel said quietly as I shuffled around his (soon to be our) bedroom. "I just wish we had one more day to ourselves. I'm not ready to share you with the world yet."

His words made me blush as I wore my boxers. "Me neither."

He sat up on the head board "Sadly babe duty calls."

"More like my booty calls." I said seductively swaying my hips as I walked out of the bedroom. If I laughed as he swore at my innuendo, oh well.

************
"Hey mom I tried to use my debit card the other day but it didn't work and the bank said that money was received this month. Please reply when you get this message because I'm sort of worried. Love you."

"Any problem?" Axel asked as soon as I was done with my message to my mom.

I shrugged "Just some money stuff. It's no big deal."

He let his lips linger a bit longer on his coffee cup "Anything I can help with?"

"No I'm fine." I said with a smile interlocking our hands together. He dropped the cup in the sink "But you'll let me know right? If there is a problem."

"Yes I will." I promised holding the lapels of his suit. Axel gave me a chaste kiss on the lips before going to the kitchen island where some of his documents were.

"Am I ever going to meet your parents?"

Now that caught me off guard. I blinked holding my forkful of eggs in mid air. "Huh?"

"You hardly talk about your parents. And you've met my dad. I think it's only fair that I meet your parents." He said casually without looking up from the documents he was sorting through.

He finally looked up "That is if you're serious about us as I think you are."

I dropped my fork and leaned on the kitchen island to properly face him "I am. It's just....... my family is a bit of a tough angle for me. I've actually never taken anyone to meet them."

Axel's expression softened a bit "Sorry I shouldn't have said that way. I just really would like meet your parents, if it's ok with you. We don't have to if you don't want us to."

I held his free hand "We will l. I just need to explain some certain things." My eye wondered to the slim Cartier watch on Axel's wrist. "When you're not about to be late."

He glanced at his watch also "Shit. Guess I gotta go darling." A warm kiss was placed on my lips "I'll see you soon though."

If it was possible. I wouldn't mind holding off talking about my family for a little while longer.

**********
It was so ironic how I looked forward to the semester break and now that it arrived, it made me feel useless because I had no idea what to do. Axel was at work so there was no way for him to entertain or keep me busy at the moment. The man did have to earn a living somehow. His millions didn't just fall from the sky.

He still had to work to maintain his lifestyle. To be honest, despite the fact that I would love Axel even if he was dirt poor, it was nice to have a partner who was financially stable. That didn't hurt at all in the practical sense. It wasn't a sole reason, but it was one of the perks.

Currently, I was seated on the couch watching some British soap that wasn't too popular but seemed interesting enough. It also reminded me of Hollyoaks, the soapie that I had caught Pierce sneaking to watch a couple of times with sniffles and Kleenex at his aide. Honestly, he was so much gayer than me.

I watched the show for another additional hour before my phone rang and I picked it up "Hello?"

"Good afternoon. Am I speaking with Kendall Ross?" A deep but familiar voice said.

"Yes you are." I replied muting the tv show that was currently playing.

"This is Detective Palin from the Metropolitan Police Force and I think that we may have some interesting new information about your assault case."

My mouth suddenly felt dry as the memory came back but I did my best to suppress it. "Yes?"

There was some shuffling in the background "I think it would be much more appropriate if you came down to the station for us to discuss." I shut my eyes tightly trying to get a hold of myself "Ok. I'll come in this afternoon."

"Perfect." Detective Palin said before the line went dead. What information could he have now? To be fully honest I wanted to forget the whole incident but a part of me was curious about who would have wanted to hurt me or kidnap me.

I let my thoughts linger a little longer before dialling Axel's number.

"Couldn't wait for me to get home love?" His teasing voice came right on only calming me halfway.

"Somethings come up." I said in an uneasy voice.

"What is it?" He sensed the seriousness in my tone.

I breathed in "There's a new development in the case on my assault and they need to see us at the station soon."

He swore under his breath before calling someone - I assumed was his assistant - to do a few tasks for him.

"Its ok Kendall I'm coming soon. I'll be right with you babe." His words assured me.

I just hoped they would be enough for the dread starting to overwhelm me. Because for some reason I had a feeling that something was about to go wrong and burst our little bubble
.

So sorry for the short chapter guys but my life is super hectic once again. I'm literally just squeezing time to write this while studying for my exams in a few months.

Hopefully I have a little more time on my hands soon will try to update sometime next week or this weekend if i can. Thanks for being so patient with me guys.

Zoe.