Chapter 14 - Hearts On Fire

I was discharged from the hospital two days later. Axel insisted that I stayed with him until I felt better before I could even think of going back for classes. At first I felt bad leaving Pierce all alone by himself in our apartment but he practically threatened me if I didn’t go with Axel. Judging by the devious smirk he was sporting I planned on burning my sheets when I got back because Lord knows the crazy plans he had for my room.

Urgh I felt like puking just thinking about it. Pierce and Axel got along considerably, seeing as he was the 20 year old kid who trashed his boat once.

Martin and Spencer came to visit me the day before I got discharged. Martin was still enthusiastic as ever assuring me that I’d make a speedy recovery while Spencer was concerned about what happened and if there were any legal precautions necessary his firm would take the case pro bono. Everyone’s concern was truly touching but the one thing I refused to do was call my mother. Axel tried to convince me but I refused.

I didn’t want her to get the impression that something was wrong and come rushing down every single time. However I promised that if the police decided that the men weren’t just acting alone then we would call her.

Calling Mara didn’t even register once in my mind.

“Please Axel.” I begged for what was probably the millionth time.

“No.” Axel answered without any consideration. This man! He had told me this morning that he had something he was going to show me but refused to tell me what it was. To make matters worse I was blindfolded and threatened with spanking if I even thought of taking it off. And the latter might have given me happy chills but that’s completely out of it.

“Please….” I dragged placing my hand on his lap in a bid to get the information out of him.

I felt him stiffen “Love unless you’d like us to get into a serious car crash, try not to get me hard ok?” I removed my hand with my face obviously burning up because of his words.

He chuckled “Just be patient we’re almost there.”

I huffed “Well patience is not my fort. Tell me now!”

“It’s a surprise.”

“I don’t like surprises.”

“Well you have love.” He said taking a turn left. Timothy didn’t follow us today making me very glad. He wasn’t giving me any “I'll kill you” looks but it felt nice that it was only Axel and I alone this time. Like really alone.

“Just trust me on this one.” Axel assured and I leaned back. I could trust, I could trust him right? After a few more minutes we stopped. “Are we here yet?”

“Yes we are.” He replied unbuckling his seatbelt. I was about to remove the blindfold “No not yet.”

“Come on.” I whined quite pathetically. He laughed opening my door for me and helping me get out so I wouldn’t fall due to my lack of vision.

“This better be worth it.” I stated as Axel’s arm snaked around my waist.

“Don’t worry it is.” He assured. Wherever we were, it was quite sunny. Even through my blindfold I had to squint a little to avoid the unmerciful rays of the sun. Axel placed his hands on my shoulder “Are you ready?”

If it wasn’t for the temporary lack of vision I would have glared at him “Are you seriously asking me that?"

He kissed my neck gently dragging the scarf off my eyes “Surprise.”

Oh. My. Glorious. Fudge.

Right in front of me was The Silver Phoenix in all her majestic glory, bouncing gently on the water in broad daylight. I turned to him “Axel oh my gosh, are you serious?!”