New Hobbies (Nope)

Day 1: September 1st

Prompt: Hobby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay was nervous.

Well, maybe not quite nervous.

That was probably overselling it just a tad.

Okay, here is the thing. Ever since Prime Empire happened, he has HATED playing videogames. Even just being in the vicinity of a gaming console made his skin crawl deeper into his bones. The team, being around him 24-7, quickly caught onto the behavior and let him be.

Well, besides Cole.

Cole found it hard that he suddenly lost his videogame buddy. 

But you see, when he was in Prime Empire, he met his fans. Fans that, quite frankly, he didn't realize that he had. And these fans knew EVERYTHING about him. (Well, everything about him besides the floating evil genie that destroyed Ninjago, but that was for the best. He wished he didn't remember that!) As such, his fans knew of his love of videogames. 

That was how the League of Jay really became a thing if he were being honest.

But well, out of all of the Ninja, he didn't really blast out information on a daily basis (looking at you Kai), and he was starting to suspect that maybe he should have made at least some vague statement about it. Maybe at least had a private conversation with the League of Jay. 

Ninjago City had a day where all the arcades would be able to be used for free. It was something that had been going on since he was a little boy. He had gone EVERY year since. And well, if he were being completely honest, he went to the Arcades at least once a week anyway when there wasn't some looming threat over Ninjago. 

But then he had decided to prance into a portal that transported him into the world of videogames. Without a second thought mind you. 

And he hadn't been at an arcade since. 

And now the League of Jay had somehow convinced the MAYOR OF NINJAGO to dedicate the day to him, so he was expected to show.

It was all his fault, really. The only other thing that anyone knew about him for was his love for his family and Nya. 

He saw the compilations on Youtube.

He saw them all. 

Really, these people needed to get a new hobby.

Honestly, it was really concerning the amount of effort some of these people went through, especially when it came to the people trying to figure out the relationship timeline. If there was one thing he and Nya were both private on, it was their relationship. They saw the nightmare that happened between Kai and Skylor when it wasn't. The only thing that they had ever really talked about recently was the Yin Yang Ceremony because Dareth had decided to leak photos of that to the press from some, what Jay was sure of, very stupid reasons.

And so, to the public, he was the videogame ninja who had an undying love to his on-again-off-again girlfriend turned Yang for the past 6 years who would no doubt probably be his wife and mother to his children in the future.

And that had somehow become a huge problem.

He needed to meet new people, or find a different group of Jay fans because he was starting to get tired of all the stuff the League of Jay have started.

Maybe he needed to get....

A new hobby?

Now there was an idea.