Hear the Bells

Day 7: September 7th

Prompt: Forever 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they days grew closer, the anxiety raised in her stomach. 

And if she looked at him, she knew that he felt the exact same way. 

In the beginning, it was something that they were looking forward to.

The Proposal was perfect. It had been on their Anniversary, and in all honestly, she probably should have seen it coming. He had been dropping hints about it for MONTHS. He wasn't exactly subtle about it at all, and she still thought nothing of it at the time. 

Sometimes, he just got in those moods.

She couldn't help that he was weird a lot.

That was just who he was.

And she loved him for that. 

She remembered crying on the rooftop. The same rooftop where she took his hand. The same rooftop where they were forced to say goodbye a couple of years ago. The same rooftop where she had  become one with the sea. It was the same place that she realized she loved him. The same place that she had lost him.

And, in the end, she was glad that it had become the same place where she could love him again.

But that had been 2 years ago.

2 long years of being engaged.

2 long years of drama.

2 years of a ticking time bomb because they had both decided that they were done being a Ninja after they got married.

2 years of the Drama that ensued after that because the others couldn't accept or understand their choice. 

And those 2 yeas of love and stress would be over tomorrow.

And she should be excited.

And she WAS.

Don't get her wrong.

There was nothing more that she wanted than to start the next chapter of her life with her best friend. She was lucky. So lucky to find a guy like him. She didn't think that it would happen for her. And it did. And she loved him. She didn't want to live a life where he wasn't living it with her. 

But, she felt anxious.

Anxious for the unknown.

Anxious to what was going to become of them once they left the team.

She didn't know who she was if she wasn't a Ninja.

But she didn't want to be a Ninja.

Not anymore. 

So, that night, she tossed and turned in the empty sheets, unable to sleep. 

She liked to blame it on the fact that they were Ninja in the first place. They had dealt with way too many things going wrong and not enough things going right. 

But, their Yin-Yang Ceremony went off without a hitch, so the wedding had to go off the same way, right?

Right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong.

Completely.

And utterly...

WRONG!

It had all started that morning when she had woken up to the smell of burning ashes in the air. At first, she had honestly thought that Kai was just trying to be an ass after what she had done on his Wedding day.