Oblivious

Day 2: September 2nd

Prompt: Gift 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had been nervous. 

More nervous than ever before.

And she had no idea what to do.

It was at times like these where she wished she had her Yin's gift of speech. Of somehow being able to say whatever he wanted without getting some sort of mental block. She felt like she was keeping a secret.

And technically, she was.

A BIG one.

One that would change the course of both of their lives.

Even when she knew that was the case, she couldn't find it in herself to tell him. The words would turn to mush before they even had the chance to really form in her brain. 

Who knew that 2 little lines would cause this much trouble?

In all honesty, there was something in the back of her mind that told her what was going on. They hadn't been trying by any means. They wanted to wait for kids until AFTER that chapter of their life was done. Something about bringing a baby onto a warzone scared the crap out of both of them. 

But, like most things in their relationship, it clearly did not go to plan. 

And she had started getting sick. Sometimes, it was after eating. Other times, it would wake her up in the early hours of the morning. Which meant that it would wake Jay up because he somehow could always sense when she wasn't there anymore.

Jay had started freaking out after the first week, and when she had refused to go to the doctor, his freak outs got worse. As far as she had known, the others hadn't realized anything suspicious. But then, she supposed though she wasn't fully sure, as Jay had confided in Kai. 

She never stood a chance when the 2 of them teamed up like that. 

And Kai, being Kai, couldn't keep it to himself. She had to be grateful, she supposed, that at least he didn't blab his concerns out to the rest of the team.

They probably wouldn't let her continue on missions or even training if they found out she wasn't 100% okay.

No. Instead he told a part-time member of his team. Who happened to be his girlfriend. Which, if she were being honest, she understood. She probably would have blabbed to Jay if something like that was happening to Kai. 

Normally, they didn't keep secrets from each other.

Normally.

But nothing about this situation was normal. 

And the little thoughts kept popping up in the back of her mind as quickly as they were leaving it. It was like her brain was refusing to let her connect the dots. Or that she was too stubborn to admit that it had happened.

And it was something that she realized that she had to confront when Skylor had laid it out for her. 

But they were the only 2 that knew. 

They were the only 2 that knew, and the only other one that knew wasn't the person that needed to know.

This had turned into such a mess.

She just was the queen of creating messy and unnecessary situations, wasn't she?

"I don't know what I am going to do, Skylor. This is hopeless!" Nya whined, faceplanting onto Skylor's bed.