Blank Spaces

Day 6: September 6th 

Prompt: Sunset

(This one is going to be angst. I know some of you like to be warned and others don't want to read angst right now, so consider this your warning. :) )

Also: DRAGON'S RISING: Part 2 Spoilers!!!!

(I know that part 2 isn't out, I just have my own ideas for the leaks I've seen.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes he would stare at the sky. 

The others say that he was just lost in the clouds. 

He was silent. He didn't know why, he just couldn't get the words to form in his head. He would open his mouth, but the words wouldn't come out. 

A mute. 

That's what everyone called him. 

The doctors said that he had an accident when the merge happened. That he had some sort of brain damage when he had crash landed. 

And he wanted to know where.

Where he was from.

But he couldn't ask, so instead he stayed quiet.

And he would look at the sky.

And look.

And look.

And look. 

Sometimes, if he looked hard enough, he could see blurs of people he figured that he must have known at one point.

But when he tries to remember their faces... 

Or when he tries to remember their names...

They disappear in the beams of light that took over the sky.

And then he was back to being a nobody.

A mute.

And, as everyone around him as said, maybe...

Just maybe...

It was better that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being a mute was of great use to the Administration. 

So he would be off, going through the clouds and listening to the other agents around him. 

He liked being up there in the sky, if he were being honest.

It was like he had done it before.

But that was impossible.

He didn't have a name before the Administration. 

Not one that he could remember anyway.

Now, he was a number. 

07.

Agent 07. 

There was a voice in the back of his head. The voice would tell him he didn't like what the Administration was after. That what he was doing was wrong. 

The wind would play with his hair, a motion that he felt a human hand at one point in his life would do.

But, as he tried to remember the person, a sharp pang would resonate in his head and he would take the medicine that the doctors prescribed him.