Parties Away

Day 5: September 5th 

Prompt: Dance 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typically, he didn't go out with the others on Friday nights.

But that was also when Nya was there and not off galivanting with Skylor across Ninjago trying to catch the Mechanic. 

In all honesty, he probably still would have not gone had it not been for Cole and Kai's glares at him.

Peer pressure was a real meanie sometimes.

Honestly, he didn't know why he fell for their glares.

Especially from the glares of Cole and Kai.

They were both idiots.

He loved them both dearly, but gosh...

Those boys were dumb sometimes.

In Kai's case, he was dumb all the time. 

...Not that he would say that to his face. He learned from the last time he did it. The burns were still along his arms to this day.

Though, watching Nya chase Kai around the Monastery for a couple hours had been hysterical. 

No, instead he fell for it, and now he was being forced to go into Ninjago City.

The thought made him shiver. 

He loved Ninjago. Loved Ninjago City. He wouldn't have been saving it time and time again if he didn't love it. The fans that occupied that City were absolutely INSANE. He could deal with them from time to time, but that was also when there wasn't necessarily going to be swarms of them. He was almost 100% positive that there were going to be swarms of them tonight. 

There always were when a majority of them were out and about in the public.

And there was no way that at least one of them wasn't going to get recognized.

He was betting on Kai.

It was a safe bet, sure.

But a safe bet that he knew was always going to be right.

Not that anyone was going to bet with him.

The only one who did that was Nya, and they shared money so it wasn't like they were necessarily losing anything even when they did bet with each other. 

It wasn't necessarily even that he hated his fans, or that he hated going out into Ninjago City. It was the fact that no one, especially his fans, seemed to have it fully clicked into their brains that he was in a very long and committed relationship, which he found funny because he knew how much he screamed about his love for Nya. 

Fans made him uncomfortable.

And when Nya would inevitably find out about some encounter that he has had, she would become pissed.

As much as he loved her, he did not want to be around her when she was ticked off. 

Especially when it had something to do with their fans. 

So he had every right to be nervous, especially as he watched the others go chat with other girls while he just drank water from the booth at the club.

There was no way in hell that he was getting drunk.

Not tonight.

Not without Nya there to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. 

"Jay you are literally being such a wet blanket." Kai groaned, sliding into the seat next to him, which caused Jay to frown before raising his eyebrows.