ᴘᴀᴀɴᴄʜᴀᴀʟ

Paanchaal

Third Person's POV

The searing chilly breeze brushed passed the premature greyish locks of the elderly man, leaning against the balcony with arms folded across his chest. But the frosty weather wasn't enough to dry the thin film of sweat that coated his forehead, lost in thoughts.

"Pitashree?" There was a soft baritone knocking his ears to draw him out of the trance. His lips shifted into a curve as he waved his palm without sparing a glance, "Come in Shikhandi, is Satyajit prepared?"

"We are, Pitashree. The entire army has gathered forth, and all necessities are looked into." There was a proud claim in his otherwise squeaky voice, "Drop your worries! We shall emerge victorious by hook or crook!"

Drupad leaned across the railing, flaring his nostrils with a groan of approval. Fingers drummed upon the wooden line as he partook the corner of his lips with his teeth to chew upon it with perked brows. Dron had occupied his thoughts in plenty, the ruler of Paanchaal was on the verge of fuming the day his ears were on the news.

"What does he even think of himself? Are we scared?" Satyaajit had gripped his dagger in response as soon as the messenger had harked in, "Those inexperienced Princes can only dream about their victory!"

But Drupad went silent, tracing the apple with his thumb before he bit into it, "Prepare the army." He words were crisp as it died out with the crunch of the fruit. And his mind could only reminiscence those words of his supposed friend, words of threat rather.

He still couldn't believe how Dron was lingering upon his haywire words made in a jest that day, heck he himself had to rest his hand on his chin to even recall if he had ever given a word to him. Once their routes separated, Drupad had almost given up the hope of even coming across his childhood friend. Until one day-

One day, there he was.

With scraggly beard and sharp beady eyes, clad in saffron with a sleek bow in his hand; he dauntedly marched through the palace entrance, for once even the guards felt the need to bow down to his enlivening aura, "Drupad.  Ask Drupad to meet me, his old friend!"

"You must be hogwashing, Dron." Drupad let out a humorous chuckle, thumping the latter's shoulder, "Seriously pal, you're keeping your expectations upon a word made by me in jest?"

"Jest? You promised me fair and square about half of the Kingdom!" His eyes widened a bit at his unexpected call, outstaring the man whom he had once addressed as a friend, "Drupad please...."

"Dron, have you lost it?"

And a simple conversation altered into a heated argument between the two; heck, both of them who couldn't spend a moment with each other at once swore for each other's lives.

"I shall remember this insult Drupad! I shall remember it!" Dron uttered loud and clear, drinking the words of mockery fired by the latter, "You have disrespected our friendship, disrespected a teacher! One day, this teacher shall gather his worthy students and humble you down!"

"Just wait and watch," His forefinger etched out at the anguish Drupad, "Just wait and watch, I shall return!" Dron spun around to depart, wiping the streaks of tear that aligned his jaws.

"Come back, alright! Even I shall see what you're students are capable of!"

★★★★★★★

Wuhooooo 😍😍✨✨🥳🥳🥳

Kursi ki peti bandhlijiye Maharaaj Drupad, apka jamata--I mean Hastinapur ke Raajkumar Arjun aarhe hai apko impress--I mean defeat karne! 😍😍✨✨

*rubs my palms*

Waise ekbaat to hai, ye book Paanchaal se shuru aur Paanchaal pe ich khatam hoga 😍✨🌝🌝*grins* isliye book cover ke peeche jo dikhrha hai wo Paanchaal ka palace hai ;) 

I swear this Paanchaal palace in the cover looks way better than the Asgard Palace turned Golden from Adipurush~

Abhi maja ayega na bhidu! I officially welcome everyone in the new book of Adventures of Arjun!

Now I guess I do have a hang of writing Arjun from the POV of a young man from a boy, but yes the war scenes are getting a bit difficult; specially when you have to do a build up for the Paanchaal war. So yes, the speed of the updates may be a bit slower. 

Btw, Arjun~Becoming The Peerless one was my first book to have such a huge number of chapters after Savyaani *hayee dil ko sukoon mila* .

Signing off for today!

Kiritija Nushkie