𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟹

Battlefield of Paanchaal

The rays of the Sun were equally sultry as the din of the war; the clang of the weapons multiplied with roars and screams of the army from both sides. 

Pressing my lips together, I released another set of arrows which cut through the crowd, drawing in a deep breath as it penetrated hundreds of them at one go. Men staggered back and fell, dropping whatever they head. Cutting through their Kraunchvyuh, my set of soldiers marched forward. 

Another day; another wave of destruction.

"But this is the ultimate truth." For some reason, Ashutosh's words were continuously flashing in my memory; and since then I appeared to find a sort of grip over my stance. 

It felt as if there was some sort of anchor that had crept in; even though it stuttered at the ghastly visions, there was a hold which had newly formulated, the hold that went missing since the past few days.

It was unknown yet it was something I needed this moment. 

"Prince, should I cut through straight?" Puru's knuckles firmed over the reigns as the chariot slowed down in the middle.

"Left." I crisped, firming the hold over my sleek weapon, furrowing my brows and having a look out for the attack; releasing sets of arrows one after the other. The path appeared to be clearing, as several bodies stuttered back, making way for us to enter. There were blasts heard and I once knew that Agneyastras were being launched from both sides; destroying huge numbers. 

Without musing further, arrows released from my bow, to counter the group of men who had huddled together to battle me. 

"This seems like a conjoined force...." Puru gazed at me and steadied the chariot, "A squad, Prince." 

"It is a squad....but a sudden formulation of it seems very unlikely." My eyes lurked around the huge groups of men who had positioned themselves, almost like a gate of a fortress. A triangular formation that ended up in both sides, men aligning on the edges, almost surrounding us from the forefront. It was surprising, for the past seven days there were no chunks of army men that had surrounded us in this manner. 

My glance fell upon the similar plot that was being executed in front of Nakul's chariot; he turned towards me for a while, and though he was far I could fathom that he was confused as well. 

"Puru, try to drag the chariot towards Nakul. I will try to halt them." I steadied my bow, drawing an arrow that could multiply, atleast wipe of the first protection they had created. 

"As you wish."

I stretched the string of the bow up to my ear, and so did the forefront archers. They released their arrows, and as expected, it struck our men in hundreds; making my jaws clench. Puru had to stagger the chariot, as the horses turned a bit wild for a moment. Men scampered in front of me, as I released my arrow; it multiplied and knocked down several, almost wiping out the first line of defense. 

My lips twitched, as a splash of blood from somewhere spluttered over my arm, I shut my eyes momentarily. I chose to ignore the thudding of my heart, the anxiousness was trying to take in again as a few young men breathed their last in front of me.

Arjun, calm down.

Calm down. 

Inhaling a comforting breath, I resumed fighting; and two to three layers of men had been vanquished. I was almost near Nakul, who too had cleared two lines and gave me an assuring nod. Both of our chariots were close, and we shot volley of arrows and tread forward. The air had turned caustic and sultry with the inhibition of the dead, though my senses should've accustomed to it for almost fighting for a week; there was always a tinge of uneasiness that was yet lingering. 

I was fighting both; trying to bury the feeling deep and not let it resurface. 

The bellow and clash of weapons intensified, the tension had thickened as everyone had delved completely into the war. But the most surprising were the squads of men, whose mission was solely to keep us away; from something.

It had been a week since I hadn't even spotted a glimpse of Raaja Drupad. He was almost rare to be found, and it was rumored that he mostly operated in between his army. Once or twice he was witnessed mounted on an elephant, but it was one of the Kaurav's statement. They said that they had rushed to capture him, but within a moment hundreds of men had roared in front of him, and while he was busy fighting them he was gone. 

Gurudev had clearly warned us about his unpredictability. 

"These men seem like surrounding us purposely," Nakul gritted his teeth, after firing his shot of arrows. 

Suddenly there were blowing of conches, and the pattern in which they were blown, made my eyes widen.

Those conches are only blown, when indicating the formation of a vyuh. The sound and the pattern was known to all soldiers, so that they can clearly follow what their chief could. 

This was....this was the conch for-

The Chakravyuh.

Puru's grip on the reigns firmed, I could spot him stiffening for a while. My eyes curiously raved around the certain commotion that followed at the signaled blows of conches, the men that were surrounding us sheltered backwards from the last. And from a distance, I could make out the circular pattern they had began to conjure, perhaps only the last edge of the pattern.

"This....this is Chakravyuh Bhrata Arjun!" Nakul almost yelled, trying to peer from his chariot. 

My brows narrowed subtly as the grip over my bow tightened. 

Chakravyuh. 

This pattern has the ability to destroy almost half of our entire army, if not countered.

★★★★★★★

A/N

👀✨Abhi maja ayega na bhidu.

Signing off for today!

Nushkie