Chapter 7: La Orbitia

Everyone was preparing for the event that will determine the new set of Class Orbitals. The five of us were now here at the living room of the cabin and having a conversation like it was our last moment as a team.

"Listen." I spoke and everyone gave me an anxious look. They were shifting gazes and nervousness was evidently shown in their faces.

"Don't you ever give me that gazes. Tayo pa rin ang magkakagrupo next term." I confidently asserted. I've been holding my self-expression ever since the team was formed but this time, I want a deep connection. Working with them has improved my social skills, and a fairy should always be a good communicator, especially if you often walk the talk.

Muli ko silang tiningnan, lalong-lalo na si Luna. Halata sa kanya ang labis na kaba.

Bigla akong naluha. There were tears starting to invade my eyes. I don't know but I have never been this grateful to this team. Medyo nagsisisi ako dahil hindi ko masyadong naipakita sila kung sino ako. I'm holding back, and confidence and trust were only the two things that I can lean on to make this team re-formed again.

"Umiiyak ka ba, leadernim?" Nag-aalalang tanong ni Luna. Agad akong napatingala.

"What if I say yes?" I finally took the courage to unveil my vulnerability.

"We will not be apart, Class Orbitals. I hope you do feel the same way."

Apat na mga payapang ngiti ang bumungad sa harap ko. Those smiles resonated with hope and optimism. Alam ko na hindi sila patitinag. Hindi sila papayag na hanggang dito na lang ang lahat.

"I assure you, Bea." Cora uttered. She held my hand.

"Me too!" said Luna.

"Tama na ang trust issues. Class Orbitals are on their way!" Dandie followed.

Claude gave me a warm smile. "We assure you, Bea."

"Let's show them that the second time around is just as sweet as the first."

Nakalinya kaming lumabas sa cabin. We were wearing leathered battlesuits that really hugged our body. Mine was black, Claude was burning red, Dandie was forest green, Cora was cerulean blue, and Luna was illuminating yellow. As we headed into the academy's arena, everyone was in awe and wished us luck in this selection.

Umugong ang napakalakas na palakpakan at nakakabinging sigawan ng lahat ng fairies sa oras ng pagpasok namin sa arena. Sa sobrang lawak ng lugar ay tila umabot sa libo ang mga bilang ng lahat ng fairies. Nagtindigan ang lahat ng aking mga balahibo sa kasalukuyan kong nariring. Everyone was shouting our names as we sat at the designated bench.

La Orbitia has finally started. Naririto ang lahat. Lahat ng Arca, Mesis, at Nera. Ngunit bukod doon ay nandito rin ang mga pinuno ng bawat bayan. The majestic Grand Masters.

"Good day, La Paracandia academy!" A man shouted in bliss. It was Headmaster Lucas. He was the master of this ceremony. "Are you ready to witness the epic battles between the greatest fairies?"

Nagsigawan ang lahat. May iba pa ngang gumawa ng banners para suportahan ang mga kaibigan nila.

"But before anything else, let us first acknowledge the presence of our five grand masters." Tumayo ang lahat upang magbigay-respeto sa limang matatangkad na personalidad na nakatayo sa mataas na entablado.

"The father of Osvar, Grand Master Flavius Flameash!" All Inferni shouted. I looked at Claude who was just clapping his hands. Nakakatakot ang aura ng kanyang ama. Hindi niya nagagawang ngumiti kahit sobrang saya na ng buong arena.